Glasto

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never been. Wouldn't fancy the tent malarkey and dirty toilets, going in a motorhome might be reasonably civilised.

Sponsored Links
There are plenty of luxury options if you have the money, would have loved to have seen Cat Stevens who is playing this year apparently

Blup

There are plenty of luxury options if you have the money, would have loved to have seen Cat Stevens who is playing this year apparently

Blup

Hadn't heard he was on, quite liked Cat back in the day.

Sponsored Links
I went in the early 90s, but wouldn't go back now. Aside from the cost, its just too big. I go to a festival of about 15000 people, and its just teh right size for getting everything we want to enjoy. Glastonbury is now 210000. Even in 1994, it took us three days to see everything.

I'm not convinced he'll ever retire, however I read this is Elton John's last UK performance?

Saw Elton at Vicarage Road this time last year as a surprise present from the kids for our anniversary. He got very emotional because it was his farewell tour, but it appears to have been elongated somewhat. He hobbled and limped onto the stage like the older man he is, but played with the energy of a 20 year old. Lovely ground too.

Blup

Never been. Wouldn't fancy the tent malarkey and dirty toilets, going in a motorhome might be reasonably civilised.
Mrs Mottie and her friends used to go to 'V' festival in chelmsford - only on day tickets. In the early years, they could set out a blanket on the grass and sit and watch the acts. Then they started selling massive numbers of tickets and it got way too crowded. Last time they went, they stayed the weekend and they hired a motorhome but halfway through the weekend, Mrs Mottie had had enough. Apart from the crush of the crowd, someone threw a bag of chips complete with ketchup into the crowd and it hit her on the back of the 'ead! :ROFLMAO: I had to come down and pick her up. That was the last time they went.

Apart from the crush of the crowd, someone threw a bag of chips complete with ketchup into the crowd and it hit her on the back of the 'ead! :ROFLMAO:

That's be enough to give someone a chip on the shoulder.

Apart from the crush of the crowd, someone threw a bag of chips complete with ketchup into the crowd and it hit her on the back of the 'ead!
Be thankful it wasn't a hit from behind with a scaffold pole!

Have many fond memories of Glastonbury from the late '80's through to the '20's...

Now tend to go to smaller festivals such as Beautiful Days which we're doing again this year after a long hiatus.

Be thankful it wasn't a hit from behind with a scaffold pole!
Nah, was alright, she wasn’t helping herself to somebody else’s property.

BTW. Still waiting for those details from you. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back