Gledhill Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Gledhill Boilermate and would like to know if there are any parts suppliers about. I think I need to replace a sensor (well, I want to try that first) as it's intermittently giving some strange temperature readings.

Sponsored Links
Cheers. I've heard these boilers can be expensive, and with my wife having got a new kitchen in her head, I'm hoping I can give the boiler a new lease of life!

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's right. Occasionally it's fine, but then sometimes lukewarm. I've googled around and asked others on our estate (apparently all homes had these initially) and found some suggestions to swap out a sensor and cable, see if that does the trick and then start worrying about it. Just needed to know where to start looking for the sensor!

The older sensors were suspect the newer ones tend to be a lot more reliable I would go with the sensors first but the PCBs on these are very temperamental also

the whole thing is an abortion. sensors are rubbish and pcbs are really flakey. If you have a multimeter turn the system off, remove all the sensors let them settle to room temperature then check the resistance, should all be the same.

Yes, that's pretty much what I'd heard as well. It seems like a nice idea, but I can just see it turning out very expensive. Almost everyone else on our road has had these things ripped out, replaced with a conventional boiler, then they use the space left as a sizeable cupboard!

However, I can't afford to replace unless I have to, so I'll borrow a multimeter off my brother and do as suggested!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back