glow worm 30 cxi f5 fault

xfr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is overheat stat kicking in i believe.What is the best approach to remedy this.the boiler was fitted 4 year's a go, and not flushed before boiler was fitted.could this be the problem???

Sponsored Links
your boiler has overheated, there is a reset switch inside the boiler but before you go looking for it I strongly suggest you find out why it tripped in the first place, as it wasnt flushed the pump would be a good place to start.

Probably the result of a cowboy installer who did not bother to clean the system properly.

Sponsored Links
well its been fine for a month after a flush and fernox tf1 filter fitted.the f5 fault has reappeared any ideas on what to look for next.

Maybe pump, thermisters or filters. Either that it will need a real powerflush. Worst case power flush and heat exchanger.

Does the F5 happen when the heating is on? if so check the return filter as it may be blocked.

If it only happens on hot water it could be the sanibloc or the plate heat exchanger blocked.

It may also just be a weakening pump. ;) Good luck.

I would change both the thermisters on the h/w and c/h.
Cheap enough repair!
The boiler appears to be bypassing one of them before locking out on the upper limit stat.
Servotech,

I would change both the thermisters on the h/w and c/h.

Servotech,

Why would you blindly change them when you had not tested them and found them to be faulty?

What would you do next if that did not solve the situation?

Tony

I hada good one with a saunier duval where the installer put the flow restrictor for the dhw on the central heating!!!! doubt it will be the thermisters and as Tony pointed out why not test them first?

Sounds like it is over heating :D

Well it's F5 fault again seems to go 3-4 weeks before it does it again.
glow worm engineer coming out tomorrow.
if he can't cure it what chance have i got :evil:

Hi, I've had the F5 problem now for 8 days. Here's what's happened up to now:

1. New thermostat - not fixed
2. New Heat exchanger - not fixed
3. New PRV valve - not fixed

Any thoughts or ideas???

Philip26

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back