God does not exist - discuss

37w.BMP

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
it was written 2000 years ago,by john an apostle of Jesus
in a vision,of what was shown to him ,what is going to happen in the future.

That's a coincidence. I, too, have had a vision of what is going to happen in the future.

Do you think, if I write a book about my visions, millions of naive people will believe every word?

Of course, I don't have the advantage of being an apostle of Jebus.

so many fullfilled prophecys, in the bible are just coincedence

Are you saying your a prophet.

what is your vision. or did you get your vision from spec savers.

and his name is Jesus. and not what you said. why do you have to change
his name.

I suppose, by definition, I must be a prophet but I'm afraid I cannot disclose the content of my visions prior to the publication of my book.

I call him Jebus because that's what my hero Homer calls him, and I think it's funny.

no by definition you just want to make a profit ,

Hey, isn't this religious persecution?

i suspect your having a larf

when they tell you to denie christ, or get flattened feet first, by a road roller,until it crushes your head and it pops, or when they nail you to the prison cell wall, or hack your head of whith a knife. thats persecution.

Sponsored Links
This is mental torture.

And just because I'm an atheist.

I personally can't wait for the "Second Coming." (the missus however is still waiting on the first) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think the huge, massive wheels of sciencific understanding have only just started to turn... (I feel priviledged to have been born just after the industrial revolution), and as those wheels gather pace... our understanding of the universe (and everything else) will expand exponetially. And religion?.... will just be left in its wake, not long after it starts... with a few persistent believers on their knees !!!

You religious guys might want to jump on to the scientific steam tram (with the big wheels!), before it's too late, and you look a bit dafter than you do already !!

Is this the science revolution that doesn't know how paracetamol works? And you think that you can explain the origin of the universe? FFS. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is this the science revolution that doesn't know how paracetamol works? And you think that you can explain the origin of the universe? FFS. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Easy to pick fault in science - yet we can't pick fault in the new testament can we !!!!!

Joe, you missed the point... we are but a blink of an eye in the life of Earth... and your god never mentioned the internet did he? ever? yet the internet is much more powerful than jesus, or any god, already !!!

Easy to pick fault in science - yet we can't pick fault in the new testament can we !!!!!

Joe, you missed the point... we are but a blink of an eye in the life of Earth... and your god never mentioned the internet did he? ever? yet the internet is much more powerful than jesus, or any god, already !!!

sombrero,you seem like a good chap,but to say the internet is more power than Jesus, is laughable.

talking about eyes, it says that every eye shall see him,so you will have the privilege,or terror,depending which side of the fence you will be, of seeing Jesus, but i pray you know him,before you see him.

it mentions about future events many times in the bible, but of course you will discount this no doubt

daniel 12-4
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

sombrero,you seem like a good chap,but to say the internet is more power than Jesus, is laughable.

talking about eyes, it says that every eye shall see him,so you will have the privilege,or terror,depending which side of the fence you will be, of seeing Jesus, but i pray you know him,before you see him.

it mentions about future events many times in the bible, but of course you will discount this no doubt

daniel 12-4
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

I feel sorry for you lot that you weight so much on "an afterlife"... a terrible waste.

How do you feel your "jesus" adds any value to today's life?

it was written 2000 years ago,by john an apostle of Jesus
in a vision,of what was shown to him ,what is going to happen in the future. he described what he saw,and compared it the things he saw his day. so the attack helicopter,to him looked like a locust, and the locust,
had a face of a man, so john is describing what he saw, a face of a pilot in the cockpit of a attack helecopter.

In the context of what you've just stated, it has just as much validity of Nostrodamus's "predictions. Both have been written by people, both have been shoe horned into modern settings by people in the modern world.

You may believe different, but that's all it is: a belief.

While I do have respect for many religions, (and religious people), this is in the category of "silly". I take no pleasure in saying it, but your view is the very anthesis of critical thinking. You have seen and idea and not thought how someone has read Revelation, and searched among modern objects to see where they can make it fit. Its classic woo.

The Bible may provide comfort to many, but that does not mean we must actually believe all (or indeed most) of its contents. Infact its the fact that we are able to extract good from such a morally variable book that makes mankind appear rational.

Fire & brimstone, an immoral God excused by followers, illogic, and lack of critical thinking all lead to a dogmatic way of thinking that is not healthy.

Its this attitude that has lead to lies about AIDs in Africa by the Catholic church, anti-abortionists killing people without a hint of irony, spreading creationism in schools, and covering up of child abuse.

The search for truth may be anti-religious and scary for some, but society cannot develop without it.

I feel sorry for you lot that you weight so much on "an afterlife"... a terrible waste.

otherway round. whithout jesus this life is a waste. the life eternal is a gift,and it is a certainty.

How do you feel your "jesus" adds any value to today's life?

the message of Jesus, does not change,becuase of a developing modern world, becuase the same problem exists, whith man, sin. so Jesus is the answer to days problems as it was thousands of years ago.

jesus is the same yesterdsay,today and foreever.

Sponsored Links