S

Sombrero

And before you ask, 'any' god....

I'd like to try and keep this pretty civil... if we can... and this stance:
"I believe that the Loch Ness monster does exist!"
"OK, then show us some evidence.."
"No. You prove it doesn't exist"

is for a different thread.

In this one, we're asking the god believers to tell us why we're wrong to disbelieve... with evidence.... and the non-believers will ask questions and we'll see if the believers can convince us in any way that there might even be a god (given that there's a rough looking photo of an alleged LNM!!).

So for starters....

Q. Why do natural disasters kill religious people
Q. Why has no one won the lottery after having the number revealed after a prayer?
Q. Why doesn't any of the 4000 gods strike me down right now for say that they don't exist?

Sponsored Links
Joe and Norcon think they have the evidence, but they "Ain't saying nowt." They'll retaliate with that old chestnut, "You prove that he doesn't exist." ;) ;)

earth-space.jpg

You don't need to prove anything if you have a belief, in fact impossible to contradict a belief as thats all it is.

Even though Jesus said there is no god people prefer to believe in one, human nature, greater the ignorance deeper the belief.

Religion is for those for no faith in themselves.

Sponsored Links
I'm currently reading The Magic Of Reality by Richard Dawking.

At this point any, and all, religious people will switch off at the very mention of his name. This is because they don't want their 'open mind' infected with common sense and true science.

In the first chapter he nicely covers how we test "Models" outside our five senses. I would commend this book already...

"The clearest and most beautifully written introduction to science I've ever read" Philip Pullman

"I wanted to write this book but I wasn't clever enough. Now I've read it, I am". Ricky Gervais

Clever guy dawkins but he can't put a patch on Einstein which is why dawkins ramblings are easily dismissed.

"If you love God, burn a Bible". ;)

You would be better off burning that trash dawkins has written.
Here's a difference between you and me Norco.

I tried to read the Bible and dismissed it as 'possibly' a well meaning piece of literature written over hundreds of years by a flock of sheeple, while greater fools watched on....

Have you ever read anything by Richard? I doubt it, but if I'm wrong - test me...

I've read most of Dawkins books. He's not the brain he likes to think he is.

Dawkins ramblings don't stand up to scrutiny.
For example he preaches "We know exactly how DNA works".

This is untrue, absurd and dangerous.

Will save lives, prevent all manner of congenital problems and may even save mankind from him/itself.

Getting bent out of shape because he threatens your fragile God and primitive teachings?

Your type use and love everything science has given us, (like what medium we're using right now, but hang on to such primitive beliefs.

If you get cancer, which I hope you never do, you'd seek science.

Will save lives, prevent all manner of congenital problems and may even save mankind from him/itself.

Getting bent out of shape because he threatens your fragile God and primitive teachings...

The point is scientists don't fully understand dna.
What makes your beloved dawkins think he knows any better?

Also dawkins accuses others of misrepresentation yet he seriously misrepresents religion.

Google wrote
He condemns the Catholics for filling the heads of children with a particular view of life before they have had a chance to think for themselves – and now, in The Magic of Reality, written for readers as young as nine, he has done precisely that.

Sponsored Links
Back