Anyone got any evidence for a god?

That's not a misrepresentation of religion, it's precisely what religious people do - indoctrinate from an early age.

I assume you mean not misrepresentation but hypocrisy, but I will point out that is not the case as Dawkins is not asking children to believe something on blind faith but teaching them things that they can verify the facts of for themselves. That is not indoctrination, it's education.

Sponsored Links
dawkins is wrong on many points and many theologians have tried to put him right.
Its difficult however to shift the fixed ideas of a fundamentalist.

That's not my experience of watching his debates. I do however, agree with your last statement.

I think my arse hole has cancer.

Humm.. I can pray or get an MRI scan/x-ray followed by useful scientifially proven drugs. I could even fly to America and get it sorted, cheers science.

Pah, I'll try prayer...

My father, (cuz he's male and has a nob and them times were incredibly sexist), wot art in heaven, (conveniently in a place no one can find)...

Sponsored Links
I think my a**e hole has cancer.

Sorry to hear that mate. Second poster this week. :cry:
Thanks for your concern. (Having taken the pi $$ out of my brother's death).

My arsehole is fine. I'm sure everyone understood I was drawing/making a point which you didn't get, (aspurgers), that God's intervention is at best very picky.

I think my a**e hole has cancer.

Humm.. I can pray or get an MRI scan/x-ray followed by useful scientifially proven drugs. I could even fly to America and get it sorted, cheers science.

Pah, I'll try prayer...

My father, (cuz he's male and has a nob and them times were incredibly sexist), wot art in heaven, (conveniently in a place no one can find)...

You could do what my Dad did and stay clear of doctors and scientists and use a local healer with the gift of the cure.
His cancer was killed and he survived.

Norcon, if you get a pain in your teeth... do you pray or go to a dentist?

You could do what my Dad did and stay clear of doctors and scientists and use a local healer with the gift of the cure.
His cancer was killed and he survived.

If he stayed clear of doctors, who the hell diagnosed him,, the parish priest ??

If you wonder if the climate is changing - do you ask a scientist? Or just go with your 'faith'?

If you wonder if the climate is changing - do you ask a scientist? Or just go with your 'faith'?

Actually, Joe, what is your religious bent? one minute you slag off islamic control, the next you're criticising atheists...

Where do you stand Joe?

Joe's stance is that of the singularist. Whatever your view maybe, Joe will always take the opposite stance. Keyboard Warrior springs to mind. Joe only has (or thinks he has) faith in his ability to change his beliefs to suit the opposite of others. I just wonder what would happen if me or Somby became "born again Christians." He'd probably become a Satanist. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Joe's stance is that of the singularist. Whatever your view maybe, Joe will always take the opposite stance. Keyboard Warrior springs to mind. Joe only has (or thinks he has) faith in his ability to change his beliefs to suit the opposite of others. I just wonder what would happen if me or Somby became "born again Christians." He'd probably become a Satanist. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Joe... put yourself in the frame for once... what's your stance?

Sponsored Links
Back