God does not exist - discuss

S

Sombrero

and if he did, he'd be pretty good at the discuss and even better at the javelin I'd guess?

But anyway, seeing as Joe's sick of us discussing typically topical subjects like Islamist extremists, lets have a natter about God.

And before you ask, 'any' god....

I'd like to try and keep this pretty civil... if we can... and this stance:
"I believe that the Loch Ness monster does exist!"
"OK, then show us some evidence.."
"No. You prove it doesn't exist"

is for a different thread.

In this one, we're making the god believers tell us why we're wrong to disbelieve... with evidence.... and the non-believers will ask questions and we'll see if the believers can convince us in any way that there might even be a god (given that there's a rough looking photo of an alleged LNM!!).

So for starters....

Q. Why do natural disasters kill religious people
Q. Why has no one won the lottery after having the number revealed after a prayer?
Q. Why doesn't any of the 4000 gods strike me down right now for say that they don't exist?

Sponsored Links
Q. Isn't praying a bit like picking up a phone and speaking without dialling a number? If not, what number do you dial for god?

Q. If you believe in Zeus or Thor, then why are you more right than someone who believes in Ra?

Why are you giving god human attributes like compassion? We have little understanding of the universe in which we live. Why must you only disbelieve in a personal god?

Sponsored Links
A man once said "religion is a form of mental illness". I can relate to that.

Why are you giving god human attributes like compassion? We have little understanding of the universe in which we live. Why must you only disbelieve in a personal god?

Please explain.
After all many believers have prayed for, and attributed rain for the crops on a god... so why do we get floods?

Why do you think that god is a human, or at least sentient being. He may not be.

He's go the balls to cause a flood.

Where are Mike from Londinium and Norcon when you need them?... we need some answers ffs !!!

Einstein said

I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.

Einstein could accept the limitations of his own brain.
Clever chap eh?

Why don't you humble yourself sombrero and accept the much less limitations of your own inferior brain?

Sponsored Links