God does not exist - discuss

So for starters....

Q. Why do natural disasters kill religious people
Q. Why has no one won the lottery after having the number revealed after a prayer?
Q. Why doesn't any of the 4000 gods strike me down right now for say that they don't exist?

1) Because God is not prejudice.

2) I have.

3) He won't kill his makes.i

Sponsored Links
Yet they can't explain its origins.

And succours like you follow meekly behind.

The fact that science can't explain the origin of our universe is no more a proof of god than the fact I lost a pencil earlier today!

Please give me some evidence of a god!

There is no convincing argument that necessitates partaking in a religious order in order that god may be appeased, nor that there is any need to appease him.

But anyway, seeing as Joe's sick of us discussing typically topical subjects like Islamist extremists, lets have a natter about God.

This thread and others like it are rather pointless. The religious types think there is a god; the atheists know there isn't.

No-one is going to change, at least not for several centuries.

A long time ago man needed a superior being to look up to and to advise him, so he began to worship trees, funny-shaped rocks, rivers and the like.

Then as the centuries passed, man discovered that trees, rocks, rivers and so on showed no sign of actually doing anything god-like, so he invented an invisible god that he could pray to. As no-one could see him (or her?), no-one could deny his existence.

Then, as time passed, more and more people realised that an invisible god wasn't cutting it; in fact, there was absolutely no evidence of any superior being and so they became atheists.

Animists progressed to polytheists; polytheists progressed to monotheists; monotheists progressed to atheists. The evidence for that development is there for all to see. If you deny that has happened, tell me how many people still worship trees!

I reckon that, given a few more centuries, man - all of mankind - will have achieved the ultimate...

...atheism. :D

Sponsored Links
But anyway, seeing as Joe's sick of us discussing typically topical subjects like Islamist extremists, lets have a natter about God.

This thread and others like it are rather pointless. The religious types think there is a god; the atheists know there isn't.

:D

Rubbish..............proof, you all want proof?

Look no further.

http://www.a1sportingmemorabilia.co.uk/football/legends/eric-cantona-signed-memorabilia.html

ps, how do I embed a photo from the web?

Google wrote

The atheists as per usual have nothing to offer with the important issue of explaining how we got here.
Atheism can’t answer one of the most important philosophical questions pertaining to our own existence. It is deficient and lacking and at best can offer us only ignorance and guesses.

Very true!

No-one is going to change, at least not for several centuries.
I disagree.

If I can make norcon think a bit about how strong his conviction is... he must be intelligent enough to log on to a PC, so maybe he can reason with the myth and science!

Look no further.

http://www.a1sportingmemorabilia.co.uk/football/legends/eric-cantona-signed-memorabilia.html

Taz your god has feet of clay son. Why else would he retire after getting booted from the frog team by a far better player. (Zidane) :LOL: :LOL:

Animists progressed to polytheists; polytheists progressed to monotheists; monotheists progressed to atheists. The evidence for that development is there for all to see. If you deny that has happened, tell me how many people still worship trees!

I reckon that, given a few more centuries, man - all of mankind - will have achieved the ultimate...

...atheism. :D
Are you honestly predicting the end of evolution.?

Google wrote

The atheists as per usual have nothing to offer with the important issue of explaining how we got here.
Atheism can’t answer one of the most important philosophical questions pertaining to our own existence. It is deficient and lacking and at best can offer us only ignorance and guesses.

Very true!

But seriously norcon, I'm not trying to put you down, but atheists don't say they know the origin of the universe, atheists just say they don't agree with your explanation... and it's the god theory that needs evidence to support itself..

Why are the bible and the quran so bloodthirsty?

JBR wrote

the atheists know there isn't.

You don't!

Norcon, you're right in that... but atheists believe in dinosaurs... and fossils... and evolution. Which are all proven.

Whereas, your lot have a different story which is not proven, just believed really strongly...

I'm asking for some evidence which isn't just your passion/need.

Look no further.

Taz your god has feet of clay son. Why else would he retire after getting booted from the frog team by a far better player. (Zidane) :LOL: :LOL:

Heathen...............this God retired to go "Trawler fishing"

Do you know nothing? :LOL:

atheists just say they don't agree with your explanation

No their arrogance makes them go much further than that.

Atheism is the root of all evil. History proves it friendo!

Google wrote

Very true!
On the other hand, there may well be an entirely different explanation differing from believers and atheists. It may well be that all of our brains are too inferior to countenance the real explanation.

I can't prove that and you can't disprove it.

Sponsored Links