Anyone got any evidence for a god?

Yes. Einstein agrees with me. It's called Agnosticism.

Sponsored Links
Mike debating with you is like debating with this woman

Tell you what, Dawkins may be atheist but he has the patience of a F@@king saint

I wouldn't believe a word that woman says.

Her eyes are too close together.

Why don't they? Why do they give it an age if it isn't true?

because they base the "big bang" as the starting point so is therefore a guesstimate of the age of the current universe based on the big bang theory
what would the age of the universe be if for example a trillion billion yrs have passed since the big bounce (providing this theory is also correct) and then there is another big bang?

So you finally agree with the bible then? How long ago did the big bang theory come into popularity? Replacing the steady state theory favoured by Hoyle?

It was in the bible all along.

In the beginning there was darkness (nothingness)

And god said "Let there be light".

Big bang and the universe was born.

So how did the locals know that? How did they know that 'steady state' was wrong?

Sponsored Links
So M F from London, you say you've read the bible and Koran and you accuse Mitt1e of being able book worm, if as you claim you have read these religious books I would accuse you of not only being a book worm but also you're indoctrinated..

So you finally agree with the bible then? How long ago did the big bang theory come into popularity? Replacing the steady state theory favoured by Hoyle?

So how did the locals know that? How did they know that 'steady state' was wrong?

Wrong!! I think you'll find he made Adam and Eve first, after he made everything he then turned the lights on....

The boy from barra...
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-boy-who-lived-before/

Proof that God exists as only God has the power to perform such miracles.

The first psychologist is completely out of his depth.

Could this be an example of "genetic memory" ? Could there be such a thing? I mean, birds migrate here to breed, then their offspring migrate thousands of miles back to Southern Africa, having never been there before. Some call this instinct, but it could be genetic memory, passed on from their parents. ;) ;)

So M F from London, you say you've read the bible and Koran and you accuse Mitt1e of being able book worm, if as you claim you have read these religious books I would accuse you of not only being a book worm but also you're indoctrinated..

No no no, I am not indoctrinated, I read only parts which interested me, i.e. looking for what each book describes God as , and how God created Universe. and with what.

Besides i also take a high degree of interest in science, which is also my favourite subject.

further more I wanted to find out why the heck is there so much hatred amongst different religions, and that is when even I think if there was one God, there would have been only one religion, so why so many different religions, hence it appears that all religions are fake, because if there was one God who created mankind there would only have been one religion and so i disagree with religions totally. They incite hatred and do not really respect God's creation and kill in his name, which to me does not make any sense what so ever.

a)No
b)don't know and don't care, they are both theories and also irrelevant to the thread
so your point is?

well a lot of novels have a similar theme and I'm sure "big bang" is not mentioned at all as much as I'm sure no one had even thought about any "steady state" theory so
your point is what exactly?

Exactly - that science is 3000 years behind the Bible. Get over it.

If anybody wants to be convinced of God's existence, and to show them real live evidence, that is absolutely no problem, I can show that, you will need to surrender your mind and body and then I will attach some probes on your forehead and on side temples, and run a series of programmes that will help you open your mind's secret cells that can see God, some electrical stimulus and a few hundred volts of short sharp pulses fed at precise timing can condition your brain to see God. Now this experiment is like that CERN reactor, where a giant ring is used to collide atoms to emit neutrinos, but in my experiment the brain cells are contorted using electrical stimulus and this results in local neutrinos within your brain cells to be emitted and as a result of which I predict that you should see God, any volunteers and you are most welcome to my garden shed!

I am an amateur scientist and I know it should work, I give you virtual guarantee that you would see God. And you could then tell us all about him what you saw if you could find your way back, that is entirely up to you. I believe that God is hiding somewhere in your head and this stimulus should reveal his hideout and you could confront him there and then, and hopefully you will be able to ask him why? why he created hell on earth! l

You must sign a declaration that you are volunteering of your free will, and that you desperately want to see God, and secondly get yourself insured for life, and say goodbye to your loved ones just in case things do go wrong and you don't make it back from Heaven, just like they did with space shuttle Challenger, so if should the experiment go wrong, then I hold no responsibility, in case you like God so much and decides not to come back, and all those young blond virgins waiting for you that might tempt you so much that you are most likely going to change your mind coming back!c ;)

so to believe all this god stuff, one first has to be labotomised by electroshock therapy, interesting info. is that what happened to you mike?

I think I'll pass on your experiment if you don't mind M F from London, I would rather efin ell than vvank in paradise...

I just heard this morning that the Archbishop of Canterbury has announced that the established Church of England could be facing extinction (!) within one generation.

I don't find this announcement particularly surprising, as for many years more and more people are realising that they feel no need to pray to a god the existence of which there is no evidence.

Then there are people like Joe who maintain that muslims are taking over the world due to the reduction in the number of believers in a Christian god, and suggesting that we should all 'turn to God again'.

I find this suggestion rather ridiculous. How can you expect anyone to suddenly decide that they have changed their mind and that they now believe there is a god? You either believe or you don't and, if you're like me, you cannot believe in something for which there is no evidence.

You are a christian JBR. You were raised in a christian country with christian value. If you'd been raised in Islamabad or Kabul do you think you would be saying what you are saying? Nope. You'd be on your prayer mat four times a day.

Sponsored Links
Back