Anyone got any evidence for a god?

Sponsored Links
So, I've just arrived from another post, and I sure ain't gonna read nearly fifty pages of archane drivel. So please excuse me if I'm repeating anything that's already been said.

In the other post I mentioned man's innate competitive nature and man being created in God's image.

Therefore, ipso facto, God must have a competitive nature. If God has a competitive nature, ipso facto, there must be (or have been) other gods.

Even the holy books makes explicit statements about God being the only true god, or God being a selfish god.
Hence my submission that if God exists, then either he is just one of several gods, or by deduction, he is the only god left because he has annihilated the other gods.

If he has annihilated the other gods, then killing is an innate nature of God and therefore, man.
Whereas, if he is just one of several gods, then he is, by deduction, a little bit deceitful, trying to persuade us that there is no other God.

In conclusion, God is at least deceitful, or at worst, a natural-born killer.

I could go on about the competitive spirit not ever being satiated, therefore God is still competitive, thus, how is his competitive spirit being manifested? But maybe that's for another day.

I welcome your views about how you see God, but what is mentioned in a holly book or holly books may not necessarily be right, or written on purpose to deceive mankind for some other reason, we won't ever know.

However, if you put yourself in God's shoes, and were almighty and powerful, and able to create a whole big universe from thin air, so to speak, in other words form matter from Energy, and then you were able to create biological life, and eventually reached a point where you saw some mistakes in your work, which you did not contemplate, so you wipe half of your work and restart, or modify your plan, (here I mean the destruction of dinosaurs) and then allowed the rest of your plan to mature (evolve) through time, and you have now reached the current stage, where material man is wondering weather God exists or not, has he been given enough intelligence to figure this out, we are trying hard but so far it is very hard to prove of course, how can you see the unseen? we need to find those special goggles that can enable us to see God, other than that we can use hypothesis that some somewhere must exists in order to have started the process of creation.

I think God exists, but he is beyond our visual detection range, all we can see is his work and foot prints all over, his designed software (Physical laws) is doing his work as he planned, within those rules the creation is progressing forward and taking ever changing shape, he sits back sips his coffee and enjoys his creation at work, removing any bugs and glitches as the time goes by!

But as a creator, should you be jealous of your creation? of course not, you would be more like very proud of your work, and try to preserve it unless of course your plans didn't quite meet your expectations and ended up like dinosaurs so you would discard them and modify your plans and allow the process to continue creating your wonderful work.

And of course within the given freedom God gave us, if we step outside of it, or abuse our privileges given to us, no doubt we would suffer the ultimate, same as us living in democratic society does not give us freedom to abuse others or to go and kill them for silly reasons. hence we ourselves must hang those culprits who are a threat to society and God's work.

But I am sure there is a lot more to it than this simple thought behind God and creation, far too complex for us to ever understand. I put my hands up , I admit I don't know, but all I can do is put my faith in my belief and roll on!

Eloquently put, Mike. BUT, if he has tried and tried again, perhaps it's his competitive nature trying for perfection, I don't think he's done well so far, do you?

Mankind, as we know it, is a complete FUBAR.

If I could put myself in his shoes, I'd wipe it all out and try again.

Or perhaps, if it's against his nature to wipe it all out, then he has loads of other environments to try again. Perhaps he has tried again in these other environments. Thus there are loads of aliens out there. BUT, in which case, surely he's getting better at it by now, and there is a near perfect world, somewhere out there. In which case, if they're so perfect, why aren't they trying to improve our lot, here on this earth?

In fact, given the nature of eternity, and the proven age of this earth, God, if he exists, has had a long time to try other environments. Perhaps he's even running out of space in this universe by now and he's so busy cretaing other universes that he doesn't have time to care about the mess that we are making, all by ourselves, all on our own, on this earth/in this solar system even

Hey, hang on a minute, given his omnipotence, surely he realises as soon as he's created mankind, what a mess he's made of it.
Even before he's created mankind he's realised what a mess he would make of it! So, perhaps it's best if he doesn't bother!

Sponsored Links
I think I quite agree with what you have said, just think if we humans created a highly intelligent robots, capable of reading our emotions, and and as well capable of feeling emotions, they wouldn't tolerate our abuse, they would try to destroy us before we could destroy them, and may be the sense of pain is a way we have been given to mend our ways, pain tells us that fire is very hot and can burn us, so we stay away from fire, wars are futile yet we continue to got wars, knowing the outcome before hand, that wars do not cure problems permanently, only love and respect can yield permanent solution to peace.

I was interrupted from completing the rest of the article.

so i will continue:

Yes so if we did make a highly intelligent robot, able to make his own decision on almost everything, including his own mortality, then sure we humans would be more intelligent than us giving him limited intelligence, so that it would safeguard our own survival, in other words, we would make sure that in our design we have the upper hand, and ultimately the robots cannot destroy us, but we could destroy it when we decide or when we are being attacked.

that is before the robot launches his homing missiles at us, which would seek and destroy us no matter where we went, so there you are a proper game of survival!

Back