Going on holiday? Avoid the blocked card nightmare

Sponsored Links
Bad way to post an OP post, by just a link. Basically, if your bank sees unexpected oversees spending on your bank card, then they may put a block on your card. Tell your bank you are going on holiday, if you intend to use your card for withdrawals. NEVER use your credit card in an ATM, the interest is horrible. Even using a normal bank card draws excessive transfer and interest rates on it, best to use travellers cheques and cash.

Moneysavingexpert.com is a good site to browse, but too far spread out, and I hate that Martin Lewis ? guy on TV, he just rambles on and on...

I have Barclaycard and you can log your holiday via their website and I have done but won't now because how many of the employees will know that you're holiday with your empty property

Sponsored Links
Don't take card take cash and put it in safe when you get there. That way you avoid charges for using card abroad. I have Just returned from Menorca and took euros and left them in my apartment and only took out what we thought we would need leaving all credit cards and debit cards safe in apartment. Through doing this we ended up bringing a large amount of spending money back because we didn't take too much or splurge on cards because it was available. More to spend on lots of nights out at home and keep the holiday mood going :D

Don't take card take cash and put it in safe when you get there. That way you avoid charges for using card abroad. I have Just returned from Menorca and took euros and left them in my apartment and only took out what we thought we would need leaving all credit cards and debit cards safe in apartment. Through doing this we ended up bringing a large amount of spending money back because we didn't take too much or splurge on cards because it was available. More to spend on lots of nights out at home and keep the holiday mood going :D

Also, by doing this, you avoid the possibility of the ATM eating your card, if it does, then you are stuck!

Back