Good idea or not ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do you's think of the article which was in the papers today about the problem of prisons, and the lack of cells.
The government are trying to deport foreigners which are serving time in british prisons. So they serve the rest of there sentence in the country they came from. They are willing to pay the government of the lags country, for his stay in prison. And in the process don't allow the lag back in the UK.

Sounds a good idea to me, killing 2 birds with 1 stone. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If we had the death penalty we could do away with all this expense.

markie said:
What do you's think of the article which was in the papers today about the problem of prisons, and the lack of cells.
The government are trying to deport foreigners which are serving time in british prisons. So they serve the rest of there sentence in the country they came from. They are willing to pay the government of the lags country, for his stay in prison. And in the process don't allow the lag back in the UK.

is what we want is another australia..ship all the murderers-pedo's-thieves-rapist's-extremists-bomb plotters-tony blair-gordon brown-gordon ramsey-big brother inmates-chavs.Etc.....and get this country back to the fair green pleasant land it used to be... :cry:

vokera80e said:
markie said:

is what we want is another australia..ship all the murderers-pedo's-thieves-rapist's-extremists-bomb plotters-tony blair-gordon brown-gordon ramsey-big brother inmates-chavs.Etc.....and get this country back to the fair green pleasant land it used to be... :cry:

Sort off pre ice-age then :LOL:

Sponsored Links
solo said:
If we had the death penalty we could do away with all this expense.
something that is sadly lacking in the modern age isnt it

heres hoping we get the death sentence back eh :cool:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I deleted a couple of posts under rules 8 and 22

Mod Rupert

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mod Rupert said:
Will you please also delete Solo's and Slogger's posts - you can't get much more abusive than killing people, and that is what those two want to do.

And thay are now being seen to be saying it without a murmer of criticism on this forum, thanks to your selective deleting.

Also, please note - the death penalty contravenes the European Convention on Human Rights, which this country and Albania have ratified. Therefore the death penalty is now illegal.

Therefore Solo and Slogger are calling for illegal acts to be done - is this the sort of thing that you believe should be allowed on this forum?

ban-all-sheds said:
Mod Rupert said:
Will you please also delete Solo's and Slogger's posts - you can't get much more abusive than killing people, and that is what those two want to do.

And thay are now being seen to be saying it without a murmer of criticism on this forum, thanks to your selective deleting.

Also, please note - the death penalty contravenes the European Convention on Human Rights, which this country and Albania have ratified. Therefore the death penalty is now illegal.

Therefore Solo and Slogger are calling for illegal acts to be done - is this the sort of thing that you believe should be allowed on this forum?
i am calling for the death penalty to be reinstated you foolish man that in itself isnt illegal

what you want is to let child murderers and rapist / terrorists LIVE why would anyone in there right mind want this scum to live your sick

and as for human rights those doing these crimes are not human they are a sub species preying on the weak in our society

european bollo** lets leave the eu and get back to good old british values eh

cat o nine tails sir oh thatll do nicely :D

The following is an opinion, stated without the use of profanities, and is not a personal insult directed at anybody.

I firmly believe that anybody who is in favour of the death penalty is a vile and uncivilised scumbag.

ban-all-sheds said:
I firmly believe that anybody who is in favour of the death penalty is a vile and uncivilised scumbag.
A bit anti-american, ban? :eek:

ban-all-sheds said:
The following is an opinion, stated without the use of profanities, and is not a personal insult directed at anybody.

Well,
You sure know how to debate :LOL:

ban-all-sheds said:

I firmly believe that anybody who is in favour of the death penalty is a vile and uncivilised scumbag.[/quote

Thats a bit rich, :eek: coming from a man who would shoot another human being if he was threating women and kids.
The only difference is, the one who's going to get hung has already done the crime so that makes it even more pleasureable to see his feet dangle, :evil: :LOL:

As a vile and uncivilised scumbag, I resemble that remark.

Markie,

In a world of weak arguments, that one of yours about BAS and the gun is possibly the weakest. There is a world of difference between preventing a crime and killing someone afterwards just to make the mob feel happier.

Anyway, imagine you are living in your utopia where you get to hang killers.

Most killers are family members who have finally snapped. It is a one-time event, so hanging them isn't going to save any further lives.

There are very few serial killers, but those that are are never released once convicted anyway, so killing them isn't going to save any lives either.

And I don't believe there's going to be a deterrent effect, because people rarely make a rational choice whether to kill or not (especially child-killerrs) - They are mentally ill, and no level of consequences are going to divert them from that path, only treatment.

Finally, some people confess to crimes they didn't commit, so there is no such thing as incontovertibly guilty anyway. IMHO, the bloke being deported to the US at the moment for killing the beauty queen is going to turn out to be a fantasist, just making it up. Haning people like that, or a Sion Jenkins, dusting your hands and saying 'case closed' is just going to leave the guilty free.

Back to your original question, with a couple of safeeguards, I suppose I've heard worse ideas...

markie said:
Thats a bit rich, :eek: coming from a man who would shoot another human being if he was threating women and kids.
Noodlz has already explained this to you perfectly clearly.

Do you have a poor memory, or are you just dim?

The only difference is, the one who's going to get hung has already done the crime so that makes it even more pleasureable to see his feet dangle, :evil: :LOL:
You're sick.

Sponsored Links
Back