Good News on Vaccines and Delta Variant

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
...and I said

OK, yes. But this is something we have some control over. We can protect people from it.

If measles emerged today, and scientists offered advice on how to reduce it, and made a vaccine, would you just say "let the babies die, just like other causes of death"

The reason we live such long and fulfilling lives is because of the advances in medicine and our understanding of healthy living.

Are you suggesting that we now just stop all progress?

Because the vaccine is not 100% effective
Because older people with existing health problems are at greater risk
Because it is spreading faster because many people are no longer social distancing or wearing masks

People will still die, including people with vaccines.

Think of the vaccine as a bullet proof vest. If you are young and fit, and the bullet hits the vest, you will live.
If you are weak, and you take a bullet in the leg, it might kill you.
How come the bullet wouldn’t hit the bullet proof vest if you are weak?
Why would the bullet hit you in the chest if you are young and healthy but hit you in the leg if you are weak?
Is this the new government analogy ?

How come the bullet wouldn’t hit the bullet proof vest if you are weak?
Why would the bullet hit you in the chest if you are young and healthy but hit you in the leg if you are weak?
Is this the new government analogy ?

Magic bullets, obvs

Magic bullets, obvs
Ah ok so a new government analogy then.
Abit like the old dying within 28 days of a possible test instead of just the factual
Did someone die of Covid 19 yes or no.

There is a reason why the median age of death for Covid in the uk is MALES =81 years old and FEMALES =85 years old.

OK, yes. But this is something we have some control over. We can protect people from it.
If measles emerged today, and scientists offered advice on how to reduce it, and made a vaccine, would you just say "let the babies die, just like other causes of death"
The reason we live such long and fulfilling lives is because of the advances in medicine and our understanding of healthy living.
Are you suggesting that we now just stop all progress?
Please point out where I said anything like that.

Please point out where I said anything like that.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, but I got the impression you were suggesting that covid was not as bad as it is, and people were going to die anyway etc. so why the fuss over vaccines and lockdown. If you were not suggesting that, then I apologise.

I merely pointed out that:

"People are dying many years, sometimes decades, too soon."

is the result of all fatal diseases.

Sponsored Links
Back