Good News on Vaccines and Delta Variant

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, but I got the impression you were suggesting that covid was not as bad as it is, and people were going to die anyway etc. so why the fuss over vaccines and lockdown. If you were not suggesting that, then I apologise.
That's always EFL's point. But he doesn't say it, he just implies is.

Sponsored Links
So, you think that:

"People [are] dying many years, sometimes decades, too soon."

is NOT the result of all fatal diseases.

I realise you just disagree with me because it's me but please be accurate.

Nearly another fortnight gone; how's it going?

Sponsored Links
For what purpose were you pointing it out?
Because apparently most people don't know that a disease that kills you is fatal. :cool:

Or maybe that if you die you don't get older :cool:

Really it's like discussing a drought and someone pointing out that water is wet. Factually correct but utterly pointless.

I merely pointed out that:

"People are dying many years, sometimes decades, too soon."

is the result of all fatal diseases.

is there any such thing as a "fatal disease"

Ive not heard of a disease with 100% mortality.

I shall ignore the other silly posts.
Of course you shall. Anything to avoid stating your opinion.

As to where we are on infection counts: Google it yourself.

Edit: And learn how the quote button works for crying out loud.

I merely pointed out that:

"People are dying many years, sometimes decades, too soon."

is the result of all fatal diseases.

with social distancing and other NPIs, some people can avoid catching covid and therefore wont die.

Djangobango was making the implicit point that many people have died from this pandemic prematurely due to catching covid

your deliberately obtuse point was made for purposes of deflection

I've changed my mind.

with social distancing and other NPIs, some people can avoid catching covid and therefore wont die.
Get away - apparently not all, though.

Djangobango was making the implicit point that many people have died from this pandemic prematurely due to catching covid
Yes, I know. I pointed out that other diseases do the same. Pretty sure that is correct.

your deliberately obtuse point was made for purposes of deflection
It was far from obtuse in the current situation.
So, you agree with ignoring all the other causes of death.

Beta Variant is "interesting". Not much in the way of trials, but AstraZeneca didn't do well against it in South Africa.
(It's another one which is clever at infecting/transmitting more than Wuhan version.)
"10.4% effective". The SA trial was very poor quallity - they didn't check the variant for all the cases, though Beta was prevalent.
It does seem to have variations (in the RBD part of the Spike) which make it a vaccine-escaper. Be wary if you google for it, there's one reference which goes on to mention a test in Qatar which found AZ was effective, but finding the test they meant elsewhere revealed that was with the pfizer Vaccine :rolleyes: .

Lab tests suggest quite strongly that AZ and the others should be equally (reasonably) effective against Beta, but so far there's no field proof. Suggestion is that exsting vaccines would again, allow a lot of low-level virus but still be effective against more serious cases.

There's another possible catch with AZ - it uses a crippled chimp virus to carry the DNA into the cell. They use strange viruses like that because humans don't have any antibodies to them. But if you keep giving the same virus, antibodies DO accumulate. So a booster vaccine could get clobbered in some people. I don't know what test they have which would detect that happening. Everybody would have some antibodies tot he chimp virus.

Anyone read further on this?

Sponsored Links
Back