Good News on Vaccines and Delta Variant

Yep, my wife and youngest tested positive, and me and eldest son negative - and I tested daily.
The vaccine works, and probably even better than the vaccine is having natural antibodies from a previous infection, plus double vaxxed.

I still had a sore throat just before the others tested positive, so I assume that was my immune system killing covid before it go any further.

Sponsored Links
Because they can still infect people. It's less likely but still likely enough that we should be isolating.

That's assuming we want to limit the spread of the disease. Which we don't seem to care about.

Why? This is something we are NEVER going to get rid of

Because we still haven't vaccinated everyone who wants it.

Now we're starting to make it mandatory opening up early is even more silly.

they said that about polio, measles, smallpox ... what happened? Oh yeah, we vaccinated everybody and eradicated the disease, rather than just watching our friends and family die every year.

Sponsored Links
Because they can still infect people. It's less likely but still likely enough that we should be isolating.

That's assuming we want to limit the spread of the disease. Which we don't seem to care about.
Yes I realise that, but surely there’s no need to isolate unless testing positive.

Yes I realise that, but surely there’s no need to isolate unless testing positive.
Apparently 1 in 3 of pinged people develop symptoms.

If a vaccinated can catch it then they can spread it. The odds of both is much lower than an unprotected person but not zero.

It might be that the risk is low enough that it's not worth isolation for vaccinated people. But to work that out would require good statistics and modeling, or Boris to just say he's bored and that's what will happen.

Those other forms of death continue with or without covid.
Some of them increase in number because of the reduced capacity of health services to deal with them owing to the load imposed by Covid.

A situation which the anti-vaxx loonies DGAS about, so unbelieveably selfish are they. They really would rather see thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of people die or have their lives ruined if thats what it takes to allow them to continue to indulge their lunatic obsessions.

Don't kill your parents / grandparents, get a vaccine!
They wont.

So dementedly obsessed are they about the "dangers" of the vaccine, or the "real plan behind it" that they really would sacrifice their parents/grandparents/children/the entire world on the altar of their "truth".

I respect peoples decision to not get vaccinated, but I've yet to hear a rational reason why not. If somebody was dead against something that could potentially save there lives, with no real sacrifice, you'd think they'd have a pretty good explanation why. But none of them seem to?

I respect peoples decision to not get vaccinated, but I've yet to hear a rational reason why not. If somebody was dead against something that could potentially save there lives, with no real sacrifice, you'd think they'd have a pretty good explanation why. But none of them seem to?

Oh, they've "done their research" and made the decision to not get vaccinated, and instead call everybody else "sheeple". But they won't share their research, obviously.

For most anti-covid vaxxers the reason is simple: they heard that it might have some side-effects, from a tabloid article written by a bored intern, so are going to give it a miss and hope the whole thing washes over before they need to mix with people again.

Some just believe the anti-vax nonsense, and think all vaccines are bad, along with all "big pharma".

Some people have medical reasons to avoid the vaccine. The risks, albeit small, are real. But small, very very small.

they said that about polio, measles, smallpox ... what happened? Oh yeah, we vaccinated everybody and eradicated the disease, rather than just watching our friends and family die every year.

Yes, but those viruses appear to not mutate or at very least not mutate as much as SARS-2 (covid).

Sars-2 is said to be like flu where each season a new variant comes along requiring a new "top up" jab.

Oh, they've "done their research" and made the decision to not get vaccinated, and instead call everybody else "sheeple". But they won't share their research, obviously.

For most anti-covid vaxxers the reason is simple: they heard that it might have some side-effects, from a tabloid article written by a bored intern, so are going to give it a miss and hope the whole thing washes over before they need to mix with people again.

Some just believe the anti-vax nonsense, and think all vaccines are bad, along with all "big pharma".

Some people have medical reasons to avoid the vaccine. The risks, albeit small, are real. But small, very very small.
As stated by medical experts there is a 1% risk or lower from dying from Covid so as you said yes the risks (of Covid ) albeit small are real but small very very small.

I’m sorry I was unaware I had to provide my reasons to you.
It’s my choice.
The same as you had a choice.
Multiple people on here have provided the reasons multiple times and are sick of repeating it over and over again.

Agreed it's upto individuals, as with any other vaccine, MMR etc

There is a surprising number of healthcare workers (both NHS and private) whom refuse to get the jab,

For all the nazis:

Just saying. Don't shoot the messenger.

It is not the British way (any longer) to hold down people and forcible inject stuff into them.

It is not possible to determine long-term effects of the vaccine in the short-term. No argument. End of.

Let us hope there are no long-term detrimental effects but as yet NO ONE KNOWS.

As is the frequent cry: if you don't like it, go and live in Russia or China.

Agreed it's upto individuals, as with any other vaccine, MMR etc

There is a surprising number of healthcare workers (both NHS and private) whom refuse to get the jab,
So why are those nhs and private healthcare workers who refuse to get the jabs not abused like the people on here.
Why do the people have to respect the decisions of the people who choose to get the Jab but the decisions of people who choose to not have it are met with abuse.
Plus I have had vaccines in my life so how I can be called an anti-Vaxxer is beyond me .

Sponsored Links
Back