good old Boris

Most litigants don't have to pay costs even if their case is patently false, this encourages chancers to have a punt in the hope of getting a big payout.
I suspect that statement to be made from the position of very little knowledge on the subject.

Any litigant has to pay costs if their claim is flippant, or is purely vexatious, or is fallacious.
What you find is that a lot of these claimants are in receipt of legal aid.As regards vexatious claims, a judge described a bloke who made £500,000 out of a series of race discrimination claims as a vexatious and malicious litigant, but when he threw out his claim he didn't order him to pay any costs.The problem is a lot of those accused wont put up a fight, they would rather settle out of court to avoid all the adverse publicity.

Sponsored Links
What you find is that a lot of these claiments are in receipt of legal aid.
Please quantify.

As regards vexatious claims, a judge described a bloke who made £500,000 out of a series of race discrimination claims as a vexatious and malicious litigant, but when he threw out his claim he didn't order him to pay any costs.
One swallow does not a summer make.

The problem is a lot of those accused wont put up a fight, they would rather settle out of court to avoid all the adverse publicity.
I don't see that as being a problem.

What you find is that a lot of these claiments are in receipt of legal aid.
Please quantify.

As regards vexatious claims, a judge described a bloke who made £500,000 out of a series of race discrimination claims as a vexatious and malicious litigant, but when he threw out his claim he didn't order him to pay any costs.
One swallow does not a summer make.

The problem is a lot of those accused wont put up a fight, they would rather settle out of court to avoid all the adverse publicity.
I don't see that as being a problem.
So people who give into blackmail are not doing anything wrong your saying

Sponsored Links
You haven't answered my question, which was should people give into blackmail?

London is the biggest city in the UK so therefor it must have the biggest police service.
That is NOT what you said previously and not what I questioned. You said, and I quote:

... get to the position of assistant commissioner of the most important police force in the UK.
'Biggest' and 'Most Important', there is a big difference in those two statements. I did not question The Met being the biggest Police Force in the UK. I did/do question which, if ANY Police Force in the UK is the 'most important'.
In the context of the Met the 2 statements could be construed as synonymous.
eeerr, I don't think so!

So you don't think so then, ok would you agree that commissioner of the Met is regarded as the top police job in the UK.

have your opinion m8
met chief is the top job, now i would say that is as close to fact as possible in an argument of opinions.

dont rise for softus cos he will have you dancing like a monkey on an organ..

blair knew the rules..... he knew the top policeman can get sacked by a chancing tory boy politician whos mates get the boot for racism and fraud.....
and might be gone tomorrow if television calls :rolleyes:

police dont make rules, they follow them...

So you don't think so then, ok would you agree that commissioner of the Met is regarded as the top police job in the UK.
It probably is the 'top police job' in the UK but that has nothing to do with how 'important' one Police Authority is over another. Don't try and divert your point tosser otherwise people will start to believe you are living up to your sig. ;)

It probably is the 'top police job' in the UK but that has nothing to do with how 'important' one Police Authority is over another. Don't try and divert your point tosser otherwise people will start to believe you are living up to your sig. ;)
As you accept it is the Top police job then the Met must be the top Police Authority, that is all i want to say on the issue. As for living up to my sig. don't knock it if you haven't tried it mate ;)

You haven't answered my question, which was should people give into blackmail?
You didn't ask that question - you simply asked me if I had meant to suggest that people who give into blackmail are doing nothing wrong.

My answer made it clear that I hadn't made any such suggestion.

Sponsored Links
Back