Google Maps: Retrace Journey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a look on the web...can't see how to do this.

I want to be able to set Google Maps to go somewhere and then ask it to retrace its steps on the way back.

Anyone know how?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Had a look on the web...can't see how to do this.

I want to be able to set Google Maps to go somewhere and then ask it to retrace its steps on the way back.

Anyone know how?
Thanks.

You need to switch your timeline on.

Maps.google.com it's in the menu dropdown.

Sponsored Links
Umm......kinda!

I have found my timeline.

I guess it is on as I can see the places I have visited over the last few years.

But I don't know how to get GM to retrace a journey it has just made.

Why?

So that we don't get lost!

I want to go to Notts centre and the 1 way system means I cannot go back exactly the way I came.

I don't understand the bit about training? The usual City and Guilds!!!

Why?

So that we don't get lost!

I want to go to Notts centre and the 1 way system means I cannot go back exactly the way I came.

I don't understand the bit about training? The usual City and Guilds!!!

I'm really confused now ; if it's a one - way system , you can't retrace your steps to go back to origin, by definition....

I too would have thought GM's equivalent of 'Go Home' would suffice, assuming you will be using phone or some comms kit as nav aid - Of course this assumption may be wrong !!
I guess you may have tried these :-
https://www.ionos.co.uk/digitalguide/online-marketing/online-sales/google-maps-alternatives/
https://toomanyadapters.com/google-maps-travel-tricks/

It looks promising - I like the idea of off line maps etc - Not tried any of the suggested stuff, just using our 'in car' sat navs (updated)- thus far.
-0-

Don't you use Google Navigation on your phone? Much easier than trying to figure it out on a map, and it will change to give you the fastest route too.

Yes. But if you set it to "go home", it does not always offer the route we want, or indeed the route we came in on.

I understand that it cannot follow the exact route back with 1 ways, but at least to get you back on the same road would be something. It seems hit and miss as to what routes it suggests for the way home.

Sponsored Links
Back