Gove claims £350m a week for NHS promise delivered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can a promise which had no basis in fact be delivered? Gove seems to think by saying it it becomes true.

Blup

Sponsored Links
IIRC at the time Cummings (remember him?) said the debate that the claim created was worth it because people still believed the claim long after brexhit. Maybe Gove is taking a leaf out that book.

Blup

Sponsored Links
NHS budget 2019 £114 billion
NHS Budget 2023-2024 £149 billion.

What's that work out to a week?

I'm glad you asked that.

Adjusted for inflation (no increase), 114 billion in 2019 would be 139 billion in August 2023.

I don't know what date 2023-2024 means.

Inflation is currently running at 6.7%
Which would bring 139 billion up to 148.
Just to keep up with inflation.

Running fast to end up in the same place.

Is that an "increase?"

I hope you haven't been holding much money in cash savings.

It'll be from the funds to improve northern railways.

I'm glad you asked that.

Adjusted for inflation (no increase), 114 billion in 2019 would be 139 billion in August 2023.

I don't know what date 2023-2024 means.

Inflation is currently running at 6.7%
Which would bring 139 billion up to 148.
Just to keep up with inflation.

Running fast to end up in the same place.

Is that an "increase?"

I hope you haven't been holding much money in cash savings.

Those were the minimum budget figures they committed to in 2020, they also committed to annual increases of 3.4% above inflation.

Our commissioning budget for 2022/23, excluding drawdown of previous years’ surpluses, is £153 billion. We are responsible for using this money wisely, fairly and transparently to secure the best possible outcomes for both patients and the taxpayer.

Whichever way you cut it, NHS spending is increasing, and increasing in real terms.

Whichever way you cut it, NHS spending is increasing, and increasing in real terms.
Tories are using NHS as a means to funnel tax payers money into their mates grubby hands

note: Labour are getting donations from private healthcare interests as well

Clawing back the fraudulent covid furlough claims (Labor policy) should help balance the £350m per week misinformation.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back