Government opt out of Organ donership?

Totally agree malcolmx, although of course we all have a choice, I would imagine that faced with a chance of life, very few people would actually say I choose death.

Sponsored Links
Yep at least 1.6billion people susie and that is just one religion other large religions do not accept it either
And with a name like MalcomX i would have thought you would have known that to fella

That sounds a lot, but as I am not too familiar with the facts that you have stated I obviously can't comment.
I suppose I was drawing my opinion in general from friends and family. As I said we all have a choice and that is only right.
I love life and any chance of prolonging it would certainly be my own personal choice.

Sponsored Links
Its up to the individual which course of action to take, you must always respect the other persons viewpoint.

Susie it doesnt sound a lot it is a lot and that is only one of the religions against it. Hundreds of millions of other sects of religions are against it.

Suggest you actually get more familiar with how the organs are harvested .

I have a friend who was actually awake while getting his ribs cranked open and bits pulled about inside cuts made and stitched up again he could not even blink an eye. Move a finger or let them know in anyway he could feel what was happening.

It was only when he repeated the conversations and procedures afterwards they believed him and apologized.

He said its the most frightening thing he has ever had to endure.
Can you possibly imagine what that would be like if they where removing organs and you knew they where doing it.

So as i said earlier do a bit of research on it

Google ..Organ harvest while still alive.

Then tell me you are perfectly happy to chance being sliced open and your organs removed while there is no matter how slight the possibilty that you will feel every bit of it.
I am not against it i just think the safe guards need to be far more stringent

Gas 112. Are you saying that you would refuse any operation just in case you weren't fully anaesthetised? I actually had a wisdom tooth pulled under a general and can remember every word the dentist said. :evil:

Joe you would be better getting wisdom teeth put in.

And where did i say i would refuse an operation there you go as usual making things up in that simple mind of yours never mind son keep licking the windows

So you are happy to have your bits cut up when alive but not when dead??? Wot planet you on????

gas112 Thank you I did google it ...... it's always interesting to read another point of view, and also to explore the facts, and it has made me think.
You are right that stringent rules should be very strictly enforced and that patients should be safeguarded

joe-90 I think its a bit different to having a tooth out as it would in fact kill you - that's if you weren't already dead of course :) :confused:

There are horror stories about every single thing that happens in life ...... you read things like...... someone ate a baked bean and choked to death :)
These things are a million to one chance and at the moment I personally think they are far outweighed by giving someone else the gift of life.
However, I think we maybe sign up without giving it a lot of thought and maybe its good sometimes to take time to do that.

susie. That is all i asked you to do . Read up and makean informed choice whichever way you decide that is your choice.Joe on other hand argues awaY like the fool we know he is. But care in the community may help......I doubt it though

He said its the most frightening thing he has ever had to endure.
Can you possibly imagine what that would be like if they where removing organs and you knew they where doing it.

So your saying he had a "prod about", they took nothing and after cracking open the rib cage they put him all back together and said OOPS?

susie. That is all i asked you to do . Read up and makean informed choice whichever way you decide that is your choice.Joe on other hand argues awaY like the fool we know he is. But care in the community may help......I doubt it though

In other words you can't answer the question and the whole forum can see that. You say that you won't allow your organs to be taken when you are dead - yet you will allow surgeons to cut into your organs when you are alive and only unconscious? Try giving an answer without the abuse cuz you are looking pretty darned silly at the moment. :rolleyes:

Dopey Joe if you actually read what i put its the fact that you may not be dead when they take your organs . I will type slower in future so you can keep up.

Alarm
Mates OP was 25 years ago he was approx 30 at the time and was being treated in a unit that normally dealt with people of 60 plus.
Anesthetic on older people is still a dangerous thing and if you dont come out of it properly after a couple of days it can leave you do lalley for rest of your life amongst other things, something a lot of people do not realise.

So mate is a fit 30 year old playing football and training several times a week and unit are experimenting with reduced rates of anesthetic so that people come round quicker with less chance of complications .
No one took into consideration that his body would process it far quicker than an unhealthy elderly person so he actually came to fairly quickly while still be operated on .

Dopey Joe if you actually read what i put its the fact that you may not be dead when they take your organs . I will type slower in future so you can keep up.

Are you for real? There are ways to tell if someone is dead (not just brain dead as in your case). Now tell us all (without the abuse) why you would allow yourself to have an operation when it is very well documented that some people are still very much wide awake during the process. Now come on and TRY to do so without abuse cuz you are becoming cringe worthy embarrassing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back