Government wants competence tests before you can own a dog

Sponsored Links
I think you can guess where I'm going to go on this one Blas ;)

If someone wants a dog, then they have immediately demonstrated that they have mental issues by the very fact that they want one, which makes them automatically unsuitable to have a dog. :D

I think you can guess where I'm going to go on this one Blas ;)

If someone wants a dog, then they have immediately demonstrated that they have mental issues by the very fact that they want one, which makes them automatically unsuitable to have a dog. :D
Oh God what have I started?!

And I haven't even got a a dog!

I think its a good idea, but only for the concrete jungle dwellers.
Us country folk have good uses (besides companionship) for our dogs.

Sponsored Links
We have a list of 'Dangerous Dogs' so the first thing to be done is to ban the breeding of such dogs. As much as I love dogs there is no place in society for these type. Working dogs such as police dogs and farm dogs are already, in 99% of cases, properly trained and handled.
I would think the vast majority of responsible dog owners would have no objection to a licencing system being brought in on condition it was a fair rate, (non profit making), and banded according to breed/size. Under the old scheme a poodle owner paid the same as someone who had an Irish Wolfhound. It should also be mandatory that dogs must be seen by a vet at least once a year to check on their 'sociability', i.e. not agressive when in contact with strangers. This should only cost a nominal fee or may be covered by a compulsory insurance cover.

Or, if you want something if a similar level of intelligence to talk to, get a goldfish (never known one of these attack a child). Or, if you want something entirely reliable who will never leave home for days or weeks on end, get a cat ;) :LOL: :LOL:

The problem i see with this idea is that the people who
want to own dangerous dogs will ignore any licencing regulations.
Once again the law abiding majority will be penalised for the
behavour of those in society who don't care about anything or
anyone.

The problem i see with this idea is that the people who
want to own dangerous dogs will ignore any licencing regulations.
Once again the law abiding majority will be penalised for the
behavour of those in society who don't care about anything or
anyone.
I refer you to a culling thread nearby ;)

[/quote]I refer you to a culling thread nearby ;)[/quote]
Culling is one answer, it would be better to prevent them
breeding in the first place :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thing about a goldfish is that if you have a bottle with a wide neck or even a strong bag, you could take it for a walk. :D

TBH, it seems like another stealth tax. The govt need to raise money to get us out of debt. What better way than introduce any measures that require us to spend money to own something, on top of the actual cost of the item.(could be anything really).
A pedigree dog can cost anything from a few hundred pounds to thousands. I think any prospective owner willing to spend that on a dog, isn't going to be irresponsible.
I think what's really needed is better enforcement of existing laws concerning animal welfare, coupled with stronger sentencing by the courts.
Lots of OAP's have dogs purely for company. Do you think it's fair that these people ahould have to pay upwards of £60 just to prove they can look after a dog??

Bring back the £0/7/6d Dog Licence :idea: Every other `kin thing is taxed / fined / spied on :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back