Grant Combi 90B3 HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
numpty where is the pozi screw lol, there is a screw underneath it at the bottom, on the top the expansion vessel seems to be held on with a steel clip.

Sponsored Links
This is all probably easy for you diy dudes but to me it is like being asked to strip a car engine having never seen one before, ask me to set up cisco routers and firewalls for your companies 600 pcs would be easy but this common sense mechanical things fry my brain.

YOU have to remove the burner cover to see the oil pump. That picture is the water pump,.

yeah but what is the boiler cover.

Thanks for all the help but up until today all i knew about boilers is that they had an on / off switch and by flicking that switch i could heat up my house in 5 mins....it was great while it lasted :cry:

This is identical to my boiler except the red plastic lid thing is not at the bottom like in the above pic it is just a huge chunk of solid steel with a button in the middle which i presume is to fire it up.

Sponsored Links
remove the red plastic cover with "rdb" on it by lossening the 2 slot head screws one visible on the front another on the top,oil pump will be left hand side of the burner.

This is a G5B burner , most odd a 90 v3 should have a RDB, to get at the oil pump undo the 4 screws in the corners of the metal burner cover, the bleed port is on the front of the oil pump and needs a 15mm socket to loosen it.

Hallelujah ....i was starting to think that you needed a degree in engineering to do this, ill give it a try and let you know how i get on.

Just back from work got the front of the boiler and switched on the boiler and it seems louder thn normal the missus reckons it is ten times louder than normal, what should i do ? should i switch it on and then hit the boiler reset button and loosen the bolt like oilman said or do i leave the boiler "off" and then press the reset button and then release the bolt a little, i already loosened the bolt a little when the boiler was off just to see if it would budge a little oil dripped out and i tightened it back up.

Any ideas on how i should proceed or not...

is it normal in this situation for the boiler to be really loud when switched on for a few seconds ?

It show you how much i know i thought oil was black lol but it seems clear in colour..

this is meant to be an easy job right ?? i do not need to call someone out to look at this do i ?

And what is the worse thing that could happen if i mess with it as advised :eek: ?

thanks

That is the water pump !! :rolleyes:

The tigerloop should normally purge itself of air within a couple of tries!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back