Grant Multipass Oil boier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously this type of boiler is not a condensing boiler but for various reasons I would like to install one. Unfortunately I cannot avail of any of the exemptions and I wondered whether any precedent had been set whereby because of the exceptional efficiency of this boiler, it could be installed rather than a condensing boiler. Or have I misunderstood the regulations and this boiler is still capable of being fitted?

Anybody have any views?

Sponsored Links
By law you have toi install a condensing boiler. What's wrong with that?

There is an Exception policy, you need to get your installer to complete an OFTEC CD/30 Form, you get points for all aspects of the installtion and from memory if you can LEGALLY score 1000 points or more, You can put in a Multipass.

(The True Efficiency of a Multipass is Band "B", but the Govenment decreed that a non condensing oil boiler has to be fixed as a Bands "C" Boiler !!) Good innit! :confused:

Thats why there are so many Band C Boilers with an 87-5% Efficiency, the Multipass has a 95% true efficiency!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back