Green Part P Certificate and things

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I have recently completed a 1st fix in a new kitchen extension, obviously local council informed about the extension etc. I am 25+ years qualified, 2391, 17th, but I dont have part P because I work in street lighting department (9 years) and its not required.

OK, 2.5mm ring mains in kitchen, 2 cooker 6.0mm circuits, 1.5mm lighting circuits all to connect into a split phase rcd board. Plasterers have zoomed in and plastered etc without my okaying, fortunately all cables were in place etc. all cables in plastic capping and clipped to joists etc, 10mm gas earthed and water earthed, all built in units have double pole isolators on wall etc. Owner asked me if I could supply with test certificates when done for LBA....MMMmmm, will a green certificate suffice?

Whats the way forward here, it awaits the 2nd fix, looking for advice.
What happens if no certificate provided, if some1 was willing, could some1 else sign it off......

Sponsored Links
You just need to complete the electrical installation certificate, either buy a pad from any electrical wholesaler or photocopy the one in the back of the regs, or
If 'green' means the certificates produced by the NICEIC for anyone to use, then that would be ok as well.

ITS NOT A PART P CERTIFICATE.

The installation certificate that you refer to certifies that you have done the work to comply with BS7671 (The Wiring Regulations).

Only the local council (or the body that you aren't registered with) can issue a Building Regulations . They will want to inspect the work.
There's a big difference. Here's what a Certificate of Completion looks like.

Sponsored Links
The extension should have been under the remit of Building Controls, this would have included the electrical installation, but should have been inspected at first fix. Call them see where you stand.

The plasterers moved in double quick so unable to get inspected prior to this, I'll ask owner to contact council, at least they can see all the open boxes and cable ends etc..

I know its done right just bothered bout this part p as its been plastered

When the Building Regulations approval request was submitted, what was said about the way in which Part P would be complied with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back