Greens taste nicer!

Sponsored Links
The whole dangerous dog legislation is a big worry for dog owners.

The home owner is liable for the injury and they can be criminally prosecuted.

Sponsored Links
If you dont want my dog to go for you stay off my land !

The whole dangerous dog legislation is a big worry for dog owners.

The home owner is liable for the injury and they can be criminally prosecuted.

Very interesting, thanks. I hadn't thought about this particular situation before. This is from the CPS, specifically covering letter boxes.

Section 3(1A) of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 provides a defence where the dog is dangerously out of control with respect to a trespasser who is in, or entering, their home, whether the owner is present or not, known as the ‘householder exemption’. This defence does not apply to postal workers or anyone else who post items through the letterbox. In Royal Mail Group v Watson [2021] EWHC 2098 (Admin) the court found that “The letter box is an open invitation to visitors to post mail through it and can involve the insertion of fingers for a short time. The postal worker was, therefore, not a trespasser in these circumstances.” Nor does the exemption under section 3(1A) apply to dog attacks on trespassers in gardens, driveways or outbuildings.

Very interesting, thanks. I hadn't thought about this particular situation before. This is from the CPS, specifically covering letter boxes.
Did you also note it was a private prosecution?

Sponsored Links
Back