grommets

Thanks pensdown

She was told the PIR wasn't good enough. It had to be a completion certificate.

Because minor things were found the council wouldn't issue it unless it was fixed.

Thanks for all your help

Sponsored Links
Sorry brightspark123, I now think i'm understanding your post

Your Aunt has had a Kitchen re-fit which is notifiable under the building regs.

The electrical company went bust (more likely they did a runner because they weren't registered to self certify ;) ) and now the insurance company wants a "Building Regs Completion Certificate" which BC wont issue without an EIC.

So BC sent a company round to test & inspect and they found deviations. Now BC wont issue their certificate until the deviations are put right.

Your Aunt is very lucky if the only deviations are as stated because it sounds like things could have been a whole lot worse.

Under the circumstances I think PL have been a harsh but that's only my opinion

I have always found it impossible to retrofit grommets once the box has been fixed and cables run through the k-o.

Does anyone know a way to do it without pulling the cables out?

As long as you can remove a little plaster around the hole, then I find they are quite easy to fit. Sometimes it's tricky if there are several, but with a little of our friend Percy Verance, it's not too bad.

If the cables run through or if you don't want to remove the accessory, you need to slice the grommet to fit over.

Sponsored Links
Cup of hot water can help, pop the grommets in for a few seconds, fish em out and stick em in before they cool down.

Especially if the apprentice is moaning at how he always gets the shoite jobs...

Use Supergrommets. They have a lip on one side so that when you push them into the knock out they can't fall through, even if you cut them!

They're made by Greenbrook. I've only started using them recently, and they're much easier to use. :D

The ones I had were like that made by Woods. Can't find any piccys of either type at the mo.

Edit: just seen a piccy of Greenbrooks grommet. Just like Woods. Wonder if they took them over or if Woods make them for Greenbrook?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back