Gurgling bath in block of flats

Sponsored Links
From the look of that blowback, there's obviously been a blockage downline somewhere, and the high pressure cleaner has pushed the crap back up your pipework. The upper flats may not have been affected as the are higher up. This definitely isn't down to your refurb work. How did the flat below you get on, and have they had the gurgling problem as well.

I'll ask the neighbours, thanks for your help so far.

Looks like you've got away lightly, (possibly as you're 1st floor), known the entire room need redoing after we changed it to a shade of brown.....

Sponsored Links
Under the circumstances, I'd fit a Hep20 to everything in the bathroom, just in case of future problems. I had a property whereby the basement toilet always overflowed because people somewhere along the drain kept throwing toilet wipes down the drain and blocking it. Hopefully, the drain guys will have cleared the blockage, but I suspect you may get future problems before this gets resolved completely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back