Guys what are these side plastic covers called please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I am having my composite doors installed next week and I was told I need to purchase these plastic side cover things to cover up any gaps between the frame and brick. Though I have forgotten what they are.

I have attached photos of what I am talking about. Also are these generic to buy or are there some with different sizes in width.

Thanks in advance.

JLrvQSR.jpg

WyOtHcw.jpg

3zkr1ZH.jpg

Sponsored Links
Damnit, I'm on my 3rd glass of wine - nope 4th looking at the bottle - , and I can't remember either (what's your excuse) but the door suppliers should be able to tell you, and supply them; unless it's a second hand door of course. Effectively, they're plastic architrave, and come in 5mt lengths.

As what glug glug ^ mentioned it's architrave,search for Window and Door Architrave Plastic Trim White.They come in different widths and used as a very quick glue on cover up item.
Your door installer should supply and fit these trims,maybe the old trims can be reused although the new door could have different dimensions so the size of trim will be known when the door frame is installed.
Damnit, I'm on my 3rd glass of wine - nope 4th looking at the bottle
@1156pm :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back