ha ha for once the tradesman didnt get money up front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just got my invoice for a brickwall built and a window installed, it was 100 pounds more than we agreed anyways i rang the guy he was 100% sure he was right , he was not , also told him im keeping 10% of total agreeded as he made me wait in for a day and half , ha ha he actually agreed my time is worth money after i calmed him down after ranting and raving threatening to pull this and that down , ha ha typical of folk who rant and rave they get know where ,told me he would get window fitted in 10 days well 4 weeks later its fitted and about 70 mm out at the top so he packed it ,looks ok anyways 10% off total i think he got off lightly oh of course he tried to shift all the blame on me or tried to ,,,,,i know things can go wrong now and then but its a great feeling when you know you are getting screwed and the money is still in your pocket eh ;)

Sponsored Links
If the work is not up to a reasonable standard then you have the right to ask him to put it right.

If the work was completed late, and you expressly agreed penalties for late complation, then you have the right to pay less.

However, if he completed the work as agreed then you are liable in law for the full amount, and are in breach of contract if pay less than the amount agreed.

A window 70mm out and you didn't tell him to replace it with correct size.

ha ha ha :rolleyes:

scatman i waited until it was fitted to see if it looked ok ,,,it looks ok , if i wasnt happy dont u worry he would have had it rammed up his behind :LOL: ,,,,,,,, was packed out up at the soffit ,,,,,,like i said he is lucky i was more than reasonable and to the other post , i dont think i have heard of anyone i know that has discussed completion dates and penalties for a window and 11 courses of bricks,,,, to me when i discuss and agree for a window to be fitted and 11 courses of bricks in 2 weeks thats the end of it , i dont expect to wait much more beyond that , wasnt as if i was getting the suez canal built :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Last laugh will be on you, pal!

You'll come home from work one day and find your wall missing.....

...and your front door superglued shut ha ha and the window removed ha ha...

gota agree there, i dont think i know anyone who would let that just go, you may come back and find 10% of your wall and window missing

as for completion dates for a wall and window, why not? just because you havent herd of anyone doing it dosnt mean its right and legaly sound, alot of people dont wear seatbelts......

oh by the way he agreed the amount after discussing it ,end of the day he didnt have to take the agreed cash, i did ask for window to be replaced he reassured me twice and asked me to trust him that the window would be ok, gave him the benefit of doubt , he can come and do what you guys say but he will have the police right behind him,now is it worth it on his behalf,,,,,, no i dont think so,the guy ****ed up big time and like i said before its nice that i the customer had the cash in my pocket for once instead of getting screwed over, do you really think i would pay for the full amount for a window fitted 70 mm out duhhhhhhhhhhh no, and do you think i would pay 100 pounds more than we agreed when getting the invoice just because he said so ,,,, noooooooo if the guy has any problems he would have taken me to court and i would loved to have gone ,the guy i thought may have had a hearing problem or even got confused alot i asked his son , no problem the guy just kept changing everything he said to me about dates etc etc and at the end even the cost , so there you go, wouldnt surprise me if he came to the door next week to get the full payment forgetting he had been paid :LOL:

dingo1959 said:
he can come and do what you guys say but he will have the police right behind him
No he won't; breach of contract is a civil matter and of no interest to the police.

like i said before its nice that i the customer had the cash in my pocket for once instead of getting screwed over
No you didn't; you said "when you know you are getting screwed". And you laughed. Mockingly. Like a ****.

do you really think i would pay for the full amount for a window fitted 70 mm out duhhhhhhhhhhh no, and do you think i would pay 100 pounds more than we agreed when getting the invoice just because he said so ,,,, noooooooo
Well you're certainly stupid enough to have done that.

if the guy has any problems he would have taken me to court and i would loved to have gone ,the guy i thought may have had a hearing problem or even got confused alot i asked his son , no problem the guy just kept changing everything he said to me about dates etc etc and at the end even the cost , so there you go, wouldnt surprise me if he came to the door next week to get the full payment forgetting he had been paid
Well then lol, ha ha you can spend the next six years wondering if he's going to exercise his right to sue you ha ha lol.

ha ha no i wont ,the guy will be thinking maybe next time i had better listen to the customer and do what i agree on and put it in writing and not try blaming the customer , you sound like you are exactly the type who ****s customers around when you have cash up front, what we call arseholes bye bye arsehole

dingo1959 said:
ha ha no i wont
Nothing you can think, say or write alters the fact that he has the right to pursue you through at court. I'm not saying that he would succeed, but that he has the right to apply, for up to six years from the due payment date.

you sound like you are exactly the type who **** customers around when you have cash up front
Well you're wrong yet again, because I don't take cash up front, and I don't take payment without sending an invoice.

softus cheers now i agree yes he can take me to court anyday and i would love it if he did as maybe the guy would listen to the arbitrator because i dont think he ever did with me, several times we arranged something then went against what he said and good for you concerning the invoicing then no one can dispute what was agreed eh, i am a fair player but not when someone tries ****ing with me , this guy was cheers

I can assure you that we are in no manner in any kind of agreement over any aspect of this.

For one thing, my reasons for invoicing have nothing to do with a quoted price, because I don't give quoted prices. My customers all trust me, and I trust them, whereas you and your builder have no trust in each other at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back