ha ha for once the tradesman didnt get money up front

Status
Not open for further replies.
he can come and do what you guys say but he will have the police right behind him

No he won't; breach of contract is a civil matter and of no interest to the police.

There is a criminal damage angle here though soft...your right in as much as the guy could be entitled to take away whatever is he's if its not been paid for......I have seen that done with a stained glass window before..
however...if they either willfully or negligently damage anyone property while doing it then criminal damage could be an issue.

If your not happy with the standard of someones work you must..if im not mistaken..give them the opportunity to correct it, if this isnt done in a 'reasonable time' then you can bring in an outsdie contractor to put the work right.

If you accepted the job and did not state you were making the payment 'under protest' and in writing then he is in a superior postion.

Sounds to me like a massive communication braeak down somewhere along the line..

Dingo a question for you.......if you had kept the builder waiting for whatever reason...would you have been happy to pay him for lost time?

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
There is a criminal damage angle here though soft...your right in as much as the guy could be entitled to take away whatever is he's if its not been paid for......I have seen that done with a stained glass window before..
You have the basis of a point Zampa.

however...if they either willfully or negligently damage anyone property while doing it then criminal damage could be an issue.
Wilful damage is criminal, damage resulting from negligence (in this context) is not. However, you've made me realise that the police might choose to attend in order to prevent a breach of the peace, but the emphasis is on might.

If your not happy with the standard of someones work you must..if im not mistaken..give them the opportunity to correct it, if this isnt done in a 'reasonable time' then you can bring in an outsdie contractor to put the work right.
Quite so.

well **** me ,,,,,,,,,,,, a guy tries to **** me over several times and all you guys can do is defend him , as far as trust goes , the guy told me several times when he would fit my window , what happens ,no show , ring him and what does he do , no no it was the following day or 2 to 3 days later etc etc, did this a few times , so how the hell can you trust someone when they do that , we the customers have a life other than sitting around waiting all day as arranged then the builder doesnt show up, you may be ok as a builder with your customers and i have never ever had any problems before with any , i dont like getting ****ed about by anyone, my time is valuable as is a builders and just remember i rang this guy on 2 occasions worried about this huge ****ing space , giving him the oppurtunty to change the window size , i rang him before it was even ordered , so i think i had been more than reasonable

Sponsored Links
dingo1959 said:
all you guys can do is defend him
You don't get it do you? We're not defending anyone, we're criticising you, because you're someone who thinks it's big and clever to post this kind of thing on a forum:

You said:
ha ha for once the tradesman didnt get money up front.
So this kind of claim:

dingo1959 said:
i think i had been more than reasonable
...doesn't really have any credibility.

Do you get it now? We don't particular know (or care) whether or not your builder is a good builder, we just know that you're a bad customer.

dingo1959 said:
well **** me ,,,,,,,,,,,, a guy tries to **** me over several times and all you guys can do is defend him , as far as trust goes , the guy told me several times when he would fit my window , what happens ,no show , ring him and what does he do , no no it was the following day or 2 to 3 days later etc etc, did this a few times , so how the hell can you trust someone when they do that , we the customers have a life other than sitting around waiting all day as arranged then the builder doesnt show up, you may be ok as a builder with your customers and i have never ever had any problems before with any , i dont like getting **** about by anyone, my time is valuable as is a builders and just remember i rang this guy on 2 occasions worried about this huge **** space , giving him the oppurtunty to change the window size , i rang him before it was even ordered , so i think i had been more than reasonable

doyle :rolleyes:

kevplumb said:
dingo1959 said:
well **** me ,,,,,,,,,,,, a guy tries to **** me over several times and all you guys can do is defend him , as far as trust goes , the guy told me several times when he would fit my window , what happens ,no show , ring him and what does he do , no no it was the following day or 2 to 3 days later etc etc, did this a few times , so how the hell can you trust someone when they do that , we the customers have a life other than sitting around waiting all day as arranged then the builder doesnt show up, you may be ok as a builder with your customers and i have never ever had any problems before with any , i dont like getting **** about by anyone, my time is valuable as is a builders and just remember i rang this guy on 2 occasions worried about this huge **** space , giving him the oppurtunty to change the window size , i rang him before it was even ordered , so i think i had been more than reasonable

doyle :rolleyes:

Your too old to be saying them things. :LOL:

zampa yes i would but i wouldnt get myself into that position ie i have had a new kitchen installed recently and had everything cleared away ready for the guy to start except one draw as my 2 year son held me up for that but i dropped everything to clear it immedialty as the guy wasnt happy with that which i understood why also we got new carpets throughout entire house and i had everything stacked away ready for the guys to walk in and start straight away i know how things work so the answer is yes if i **** someone around in life i expect my arse kicked and i will do it to any one who ****s with me cheers :LOL:

noodlz said:
Remember this thread, Softus?

Now look who's also recently posting again.
I must be tired - I can only just remember that topic, and I need more clues about who's been posting recently...

Softus said:
noodlz said:
Remember this thread, Softus?

Now look who's also recently posting again.
I must be tired - I can only just remember that topic, and I need more clues about who's been posting recently...

Read the linked post again...and who BAS was curious about.
Now check the recent boycott post...the time of reply of one of its respondents (in relation to dingo's) and his associated posting history and doyle's posting history. Do I gotta spell it all out :eek: :cool:

There are some posters here who have multiple personalities :rolleyes:

Ask a mod...I think they may well have access to IP addresses, so could probably give a full list of aliases to some...if they so chose :cool:

noodlz said:
Do I gotta spell it all out :eek: :cool:
OK I get the drift.

On a completely unrelated subject, did you know that today marks the anniversary of joe-90 becoming a member of the forum? How time flies...

Softus said:
On a completely unrelated subject, did you know that today marks the anniversary of joe-90 becoming a member of the forum? How time flies...

:confused: Yes...when you're having fun, you mean?....does this anniversary explain the clocks going back ;)

dingo1959
you are a NASTY troll ... if everyone rereads this post it is obvious ... pfft ......loser ..lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back