hacking apart fairy lights (no, really)

Sponsored Links
I reckon I could sell a bag of broken glass if it was colourful enough.

What's your address? I'll pop a cheque in the post today.

Nice one, Simon.

But, seriously, as I always say, it's 'safety fourth' for the customer every time.

The winner is always the bling, followed most closely by cost and convenience ("How much? Will it make a mess?"). Safety goes right out of the window when the prospect of something-shiny-for-not-much-money arises.

(The very first UK Wiring Regulations were entitled "Rules and Regulations for the Prevention of Fire Risks Arising from Electric Lighting". 1882)

I wonder how many clients would pay a small fortune for a relatively pointless (bling-factor-only) 'smart homes' installation, but would balk at a very reasonable price for a make-your-home-safe rewire?
(I don't need to wonder - it's practically 100%)

And somebody with little knowledge wanting to cobble something together from a bunch of cheap parts to get a lighting effect is pretty much making my point. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back