Any meat I buy is in a super market and comes wrapped in cellophane

I would never carry out work in a slaughter house

Tis just the way it is with me

And before any one attempts to mention it

I would ban kosher slaughter as well

Just as bad as halal imo

All carried out by fruit cakes

Sponsored Links
I will not eat Halal meat and any cost ..... unless its on the reduced items shelfs at Sainsburys.

Mrs Bods not keen on the Chicken we have had; I was OK with it.

The animal bleeding to death.
The animal dies in the same way as its "British" brothers.
Won't feel a thing because it's stunned.
What do you prefer?
To stroke the animal and sweetly sing a lullaby before killing it?
Remember, the "British" meat we all eat is slaughtered in the exact same way but not blessed.
Do you think the blessing is barbaric?

Why do you want to ban meat that has had a prayer said over it? Do you think it will magically change your religion?

Why aren't you moaning about kosher meat, which is NEVER stunned before slaughter?
As I mentioned, 5% of halal meat isn't stunned before in the UK.

I should indeed be going on and on about kosher meat, that was going to come later.

Sponsored Links
Forget about banning halal or kosher that will never happen. If you feel strongly about it you do not have to buy it
or atleast not unknowingly be buying it. I thought supermarkets had to label it as halal or kosher or be given the option
to make it known, but not sure tbh

I should indeed be going on and on about kosher meat, that was going to come later.

So it's the prayer you object to. Why?

You should have started with the Kosha. Less abuse.... then get onto Halal...

If it's the stunning that you say you are concerned about? I would be happy to ban it. Would you?

But I don't believe that any of the meat you buy in the supermarket or regular High Street butchers shops, will be from unstunned animals, even if it has had a prayer said over it.

Unless you buy kosher meat, of course.

If it's the stunning that you say you are concerned about? I would be happy to ban it. Would you?

But I don't believe that any of the meat you buy in the supermarket or regular High Street butchers shops, will be from unstunned animals, even if it has had a prayer said over it.

Unless you buy kosher meat, of course.
That's reassuring, it is the lack of stunning that bothers me.

Shall we talk about Kosher meat now?

If you want, but you won't get any support for it.

This will probably come as a terrible shock to you, but in this world, there are some people who are racists, fascists, and xenophobes.

In this country, their favourite target ninety years ago was Jewish people.

Fifty years ago it was black people.

Forty years ago it was Asian people.

This is no longer considered socially acceptable in polite circles.

Today their favourite target is Moslem people.

You will be surprised to learn that some of them like to put anti-moslem threads on this forum from time to time, including some thinly disguised as animal welfare threads, complaining about Halal meat.

Can you imagine such a thing?

Sponsored Links
Back