Halstead best 60 fan has died

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My fan bearings have gone in the above boiler.
The Servicing instructions for the boiler state:

c. Unscrew and remove the two screws securing the fan assembly to the interpanel
d. Slide the fan assembly downwards, rotate the top forwards, and slide the assembly up and out of the appliance

I cannot get/see/feel any movement of the fan assembly after removing the screws. Can anyone tell me how to get the fan out?[/i]

Sponsored Links
If you can not follow simple intructions then it is time to call in someone who is competent and can do it for you

I suggest if all the screws are out then it requires a little more "peruasion" to get it out,this i will leave to your discreation :D :D

If you can not follow simple intructions then it is time to call in someone who is competent and can do it for you
:D :D

Thanks for that sugestion, I'd never have thought of that.

But back to reallity.

It's very simple, Iv'e never taken this fan out of this type of boiler before. Before I try a 'little harder', I was hoping for some advice as to which way I should try.
The manual states "slide it down"
I tried sliding it down, nothing budged.
I inserted a wooden stick, braced between the outer casing and the fan casing and added a little leverage. Nothing moved.
I ascertained that the advice was incorrect/incomplete as to put more force on it would have buckled the casing.

Sponsored Links
you give the impression that you ain't got a clue what you are doing :!: already sound advice given by other qualified members in this thread and you cant even brace that :evil:
you need to get an rgi to sort this out :rolleyes:

All sorted.
The fan is attached to a plate that is supposed to sit in a channel on both sides. It was just jammed in. I eventually managed to lever it out. Took the motor apart, oiled the dry bearings. Straightened the plate out so it slid easily back into the channels.

All working smoothly now

(And for you worriers, plugged in a carbon monoxide monitor and left it in the cupboard with the boiler)

I suggest if all the screws are out then it requires a little more "peruasion" to get it out,this i will leave to your discreation :D :D

So i was right then,well done no need for thank you !

May the Force be with you dextrous

Today i am into the religion of yoda,quite fancy being jedi,think the hoodie will look better then turban for picking up the jedi babes :p :p :evil: :D :D

He did get well confused those doesn't know what to say or what I am ,thats a proper numpty :)

From the beginning and all the time, in accordance with common sense and the forum rules, he should have just have been advised to get a gas registered engineer to change the fan and then check the operating parameters and safety of the boiler.

Tony

From the beginning and all the time, in accordance with common sense and the forum rules, he should have just have been advised to get a gas registered engineer to change the fan and then check the operating parameters and safety of the boiler.

Tony

Every RGI that posted on this thread told him to call an RGI. Problem was he was already a little too far down the garden path.

Thanks Perrybond - I had the same problem - it is not at all intuitive on removing the fan. I drilled out the two rivets just behind the face plate which helped to rock the plate back and forth. And it is just a straight pull out, but the sealant makes it a bit sticky. Riveted back the two little angles that are there to stop the face plate going back too far - bit of sealant and replaced the two securing screws.

After 10 minutes, once the oil got into the bearings the unit is like new - almost silent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back