Hammer House of Horrors...

C

cantaloup63

...waiting for the undead to rise in the middle of the night ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Surely not.

So who was the best horror movie actor or character? Cushing just seemed to ham averyone he played up. Christopher Lee was just an oddball. Vincent Price? LOL

Bella Lugosi's Dracula managed to scare me when I was a young nipper - it was the special effect of non relfective mirror that I still remember for some reason. :oops: :LOL:

Price.

But the thing that most scarred me was Dr Who with John Pertwee. Suppose I was the right age to be frightend by it then.
Mum caught me hiding behind the sofa during one episode!!!

Sponsored Links
Boris Karloff used to scare the s**t out of me.
Such a soft and effeminate voice - when I heard him speak, his hard man monster image was ruined for me :(

How about those Lon Chaney Junior movies - werewolves :eek: ?

Such a soft and effeminate voice - when I heard him speak, his hard man monster image was ruined for me

I bet you'd **** if you met him now though wouldn't you?

I would, he's been dead 40 odd years.

In the 70s, they used to show all the early B&W horror films late at night on BBC2. Used to stay up late, and found them quite scary as a kid. Being in B&W seemed to add an extra dimension.

Lon Chaney as hunchback or in The Monster. Boris Karloff as Frankenstein or the Mummy or Bella Lugosi as Dracula. The names come from the beginning of films and Hollywood, and represent a golden era for horror movies. Don't know why these films are being forgotten, maybe younger audiences wouldn't be interested.

Enjoyed a lot of the later stuff too, with Lee, Cushing and Price. Christopher Lee had dracula just right. Was plenty of weird stuff too, eg. Vincent Price in Theatre Of Blood, where he went around murdering theatre critics who criticised his Shakespeare performance.

Hammer House was OK, if you didn't take it too seriously.

Moving it on a bit to a different genre - does anyone remember them showing Flash Gordon on the beeb during a school holiday back in the 70's? The one with Buster "Larry" Crabb ;)

Whitespirit66";p="2098634 said:
In the 70s, they used to show all the early B&W horror films late at night on BBC2. Used to stay up late, and found them quite scary as a kid. Being in B&W seemed to add an extra dimension.

Lon Chaney as hunchback or in The Monster. Boris Karloff as Frankenstein or the Mummy or Bella Lugosi as Dracula. The names come from the beginning of films and Hollywood, and represent a golden era for horror movies. Don't know why these films are being forgotten, maybe younger audiences wouldn't be interested.

Enjoyed a lot of the later stuff too, with Lee, Cushing and Price. Christopher Lee had dracula just right. Was plenty of weird stuff too, eg. Vincent Price in Theatre Of Blood, where he went around murdering theatre critics who criticised his Shakespeare performance.

Got to agree with them in BW it did make it more scary for me...........remember browning my pants when "the beast with 5 fingers" was shown

:LOL:

And yes Cantaloup, remember the old Flash Gordon on the Beeb, fighting Ming.

The old spaceship with the flames coming out the back. Jean Rogers as Dale Arden.

Sponsored Links
Back