Happy Brexit day

did you make the mistake of believing what Brexers told you?

Sponsored Links
He (Farage) would. Even he can see the current cluster f*ck isn't sustainable. But isn't he another of Putin's playmates, allegedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Some thought that the Norway option would be the solution that saves some money but I understand none comes back.

How much say did we have in the EU? Actually, quite a lot. A lot of the rules and laws passed by the EU were either supported by HM Govt or actually sponsored by HMG. To give two examples, we were one of the major drivers on health and safety (often in conjunction with the Germans) and livestcok welfare (often in conjunction with the Irish). As to the current situation - if you want to sell to the EU all your product have to be CE certified, not UKCA, UL (USA) or whatever - regardless of whether or not we are in the EU - but now being outside the EU we have absolutely no say in the matter. None at all.

"There is nothing to fear in terms of trade" (Farage) - unless you leave the customs union, which is a concept Our Dear Leader (and Frosty the Snow Minister) failed to grasp, possibly because it takes some understanding of commerce, business and industry - the sort of thing you expect the government (or it's top advisors) to actually have. But what can we expect from a man with at times the attention span (seemingly) of a not very bright goldfish, and who famously said, "F*ck business!"? Well, at least that's one promise he has managed to keep (but possibly the only one)

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Cornwall which has a fairly large farming community. I personally know several farmers and in turn I know many people who also know farmers. Nobody I'm aware of has difficulty growing produce, harvesting the produce or selling the produce. Two sheep farmers I know have voiced mild concern about the New Zealand trade deal undercutting lamb prices but NZ lamb has been imported since I was a kid. I hear of problems in the left wing press and on this forum, I really don't hear about the same problems talking to people with skin in the game.

we were one of the major drivers on health and safety (often in conjunction with the Germans) and livestcok welfare (often in conjunction with the Irish).

Ah, the Irish, weren't they the ones disguising horses and donkeys as cows?

I live in Cornwall which has a fairly large farming community. I personally know several farmers and in turn I know many people who also know farmers. Nobody I'm aware of has difficulty growing produce, harvesting the produce or selling the produce. Two sheep farmers I know have voiced mild concern about the New Zealand trade deal undercutting lamb prices but NZ lamb has been imported since I was a kid. I hear of problems in the left wing press and on this forum, I really don't hear about the same problems talking to people with skin in the game.
Congratulations! Maybe you don't have much commercial veg in your part of the world, like, say, Lincolnshire, which is a somewhat bigger area than Cornwall, or maybe you have large acreage under fruit. You need to talk to your local NFU Rep and ask him for the national picture. Last year the UK only got enough turkeys because they were imported - that's because the large slaughterhouses had insufficient numbers of staff and there is also a shortage of food hygeine vets. Not a left wing slur, but a fact, as published by the left wing rag trade paper "Food Manufacture"

If you think there are no problems, you are burying your head in the sand. The world, and the British economy, are a lot bigger than Cornwall

Ah, the Irish, weren't they the ones disguising horses and donkeys as cows?
No, it was a Welsh meat packer, plus (allegedly) a slaughterman up in this neck of the woods who they didn't nail, but who has been considered a bit bent for donkeys...

I live in Cornwall which has a fairly large farming community. I personally know several farmers and in turn I know many people who also know farmers. Nobody I'm aware of has difficulty growing produce, harvesting the produce or selling the produce. Two sheep farmers I know have voiced mild concern about the New Zealand trade deal undercutting lamb prices but NZ lamb has been imported since I was a kid. I hear of problems in the left wing press and on this forum, I really don't hear about the same problems talking to people with skin in the game

Fillyboy says:
Brexit has caused no problems for farmers in Cornwall
The only problems mentioned are just in “left wing press”

From the Daily Mail:

World's largest daffodil grower in Cornwall is forced to let fields of flowers ROT because there are not enough pickers available after Brexit

Let's play a game. Who posted these quotes?

"Perhaps you should stop reading the Daily Fail, it's not helping you".

"Dont forget to include:
Fake news
Lies
Fantasy
Daily Fail".
Strawman

do you have any comment on the article?

Fillyboy says:
Brexit has caused no problems for farmers in Cornwall
The only problems mentioned are just in “left wing press”

From the Daily Mail:

World's largest daffodil grower in Cornwall is forced to let fields of flowers ROT because there are not enough pickers available after Brexit

That's right I remember seeing that on the local news, Feb 2021 , FFS it was hard enough having a party in Downing St because of covid restrictions let alone having Lithuanians hopping across on the ferries.

Utter F*** Up - worst possible solution! have to obey the rules; have to accept unfettered movement of people; have to pay in but have NO say on how it's spent; receive very little back.

Having worked in Norway they looked on the UK with envy both when we were part of the EU and even now, with a lesser extent, now we are out.

Utter F*** Up - worst possible solution! have to obey the rules; have to accept unfettered movement of people; have to pay in but have NO say on how it's spent; receive very little back.

Having worked in Norway they looked on the UK with envy both when we were part of the EU and even now, with a lesser extent, now we are out.

And yet that's what Brexers said we would have.

Sponsored Links
Back