Harry and Meghan

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don't ...

Regardless of anyone's views on her, this is a disgusting thing to say. I wonder if Clarkson genuinely would stand there with the crowds and throw excrement at her if she was forced to parade through the streets naked? Or is he simply doing what folk like him frequently do, stoking the fire and then saying 'nowt to do with me guv!' when things escalate.

I normally stick up for Clarkson no matter what, but his words in this article are very wrong.

I can't stand clarksons daughter Emily, I think she's really annoying and not half as good looking as she thinks she is. And I'm sure if people said to her what Clarkson said about Meghan he'd be in uproar.

Good news about Emily (and in my mind makes me think she's probably not as bad as I thought) is that she has stood up against her dad and condemned his comments.

Also Jeremy has put out a half arsed apology in twitter, likely insisted upon by his management team.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Farage has had all sorts of stuff thrown at him, giving nutters the idea that throwing acid on politicians is funny isn't sensible.
Its amazing how those in the public eye wield the influence, innit. It was a stupid comment/article and deserves derision.

The scene Clarkson refers to has become known as 'the walk of shame' but should really be referred to as 'the Walk of Atonement', as the High Sparrow tells Cersei she must atone for her sins before she is free to return to the Keep at Kings Landing.
It's one of those hard-to-watch moments on GoT as the character has been a monstrous b!tch up to that point, with no sympathetic perspective from anyone as she begins to walk down the steps into the town, where crowds of common folk bay for blood, throwing all kinds of sh!t at her - by the end of that walk you begin to feel sorry for her. She is broken. Weeping, bloody footprints tell of her agony as she finally collapses into the arms of her bodyguard and you cannot help feel mercy must be found for her...
...then an expression of pure hate dries her tears and leads to a day of revenge that takes your breath away.*

If you haven't seen the show, it's worth finding clips to save time as it explains Clarkson's comment in a different light.

Throw too much crap at Meghan and the tabloids run the risk of making her a sympathetic character, which she already is to many people, especially in the States.

The Royal Family, however, are playing the game with subtlety and more nuance than Cersei, so i doubt the end result will lead to such carnage.
Brace yourselves for the book release in January when it all kicks off again after the xmas truce.

*According to Time, George R.R. Martin based the walk of shame on a similar penance for Jane Shore, one of King Edward IV’s mistresses, who endured a similar walk through London in the 15th century. For Cersei’s character, it was a devastating and humiliating low, and is unlike anything anyone has ever seen on television before. As Martin told James Hibberd of EW, “It was a punishment directed at women to break their pride. And Cersei is defined by her pride.”
TheTake.com

Last edited:
In the battle to influence the royal family maybe she was always destined to fail against the media. Good on her for standing up and fighting her corner.

Blup

More 'avoiding the media' stunts from Harry.

So that’s a tv exclusive, a tv series and now a book he's 'avoided'. He's doing bloody well using the media to avoid the media. Whatever will he be 'avoiding' next?

More 'avoiding the media' stunts from Harry.

So that’s a tv exclusive, a tv series and now a book he's 'avoided'. He's doing bloody well using the media to avoid the media. Whatever will he be 'avoiding' next?
I cannot imagine anything my kids could do that would alienate me & stop my love, despite no'1 sons bestest efforts . . . .

Yet Harry seems to want to make it hard to love him !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back