Harry and Meghan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I read somewhere that Clarkson's in with a lot of the Tory MPs, attended same schools etc. I'm sure it's all just a big laugh to them. Regardless of anyone's views on Meghan, to write what he did was nothing short of disgusting. And has he written anything similar aimed at Harry or, in Clarkson's eyes, is Meghan 100% to blame for it all? Funny how a lot of the vitriol seems to be aimed at her and not him ...

Sponsored Links
Someone said it’s something that happens in that game of thrones programme. Is that right? If so, it’s hardly an original thought.

Someone said it’s something that happens in that game of thrones programme. Is that right? If so, it’s hardly an original thought.
Apparently so, although I don't watch it so can't comment on the specifics. I think whether it was an original thought or based on something else (in this case a tv show) is pretty much irrelevant. He can try to hide behind that i.e. 'oh come on, it was a bit of harmless fun based on Game of Thrones' however for anyone with half a brain cell that sort of excuse won't wash.

I'm no fan of Meghan, however I hope this ends up costing 'cheeky chappy' Clarkson his major tv gigs.

And although folk roll their eyes when you say what I'm about to say, I wonder how he would genuinely feel if someone posted something similar about his nearest and dearest?

He apologised to his nearest and dearest effectively for any hurt he caused, no apology to MM. Having lost top ger because of trolling from the DM he should have known better.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Having lost top ger because of...

....because of workplace bullying and violence.

Had your forgotten?

Or was it a deliberate misrepresentation?

"Clarkson was suspended and then fired by the BBC after a fracas when he punched Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon. The incident occurred after Clarkson was told there was no hot food available after a day of filming."

And although folk roll their eyes when you say what I'm about to say, I wonder how he would genuinely feel if someone posted something similar about his nearest and dearest?
I believe his daughter has suffered from online hate, no wonder she stood up against his comments. When your nearest and dearest attack your comments, it shows your standards are pretty low.

Does he have any feelings for her and the pain she has suffered, and then still go on to write his comments and encourage more from others. I hope she gives him a good lesson in common sense, responsibility and adult behaviour.

I hate Brand and Clarkson. Hope this helps.
I like both of them. Neither should ever be taken seriously (except when taking about mental health or cars respectively). So we balance each other out

Isn't there a famous quote from Voltaire in favour of freedom of speech which goes something like, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?. The pity is that most of the cancel culture brigade seem never to have heard of Voltaire, let alone read him

....because of workplace bullying and violence.

Had your forgotten?

Or was it a deliberate misrepresentation?

"Clarkson was suspended and then fired by the BBC after a fracas when he punched Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon. The incident occurred after Clarkson was told there was no hot food available after a day of filming."
Over the top punishment which the beeb did because they had previously bought the rights off him. Caved in to pressure from the DM as part of its anti beeb stance.

Blup

I like both of them. Neither should ever be taken seriously (except when taking about mental health or cars respectively). So we balance each other out

Isn't there a famous quote from Voltaire in favour of freedom of speech which goes something like, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?. The pity is that most of the cancel culture brigade seem never to have heard of Voltaire, let alone read him
The cancel culture works on the right as much as the left. IIRC the DM took the side of the argentinnians over the top gear episode in that country.

Blup

You are also forgetting that there was a lot of pressure being applied to the Top Gear team by the PC brigade within the BBC. It was obvious to regular viewers during the last series that the team were under pressure.

After the sacking an American relative of mine commented that in Tinseltown the employer would have moved heaven and earth to keep such a big earner on side -personal manager, hell a personal chef! The BBC didn't do that, though, presumably because they thought Top Gear's lead was old and an embarrasment, and in any case didn't they own the name and the format, having bought them from Clarkson and Wilment already? But when the crunch came and Clarkson was sacked, presenters May, Hammond and producer Wilment all left, along with a number of the more able production people (many to Amazon, on much better money, too)

In the event the BBC attempted to fill the programme with younger "talent" ( i.e. idiots) who could be "just as good" as the terrible trio. They missed a few things, though. For starters Clarkson, May and Hammond were all motoring journalists of some standing (none of the replac ments are more than passingly literate, or that knowledgeable about cars), and all could drive fast cars quickly whilst being funny and commentating, after all, how much talent does that take? Well, apparently more than Chris Evans could muster (he couldn't drive quickly enough and was very publicly sick when being "chauffered" by a racing driver) whilst Matt Leblanc seemingly forgot that he was a comedy  actor rather than a comedian (he is also singularly unfunny and not very talented - that isn't just my opinion). As to the present three stooges - no comment.

The upshot of all this is that the BBC killed the golden goose - UK viewing figures are well down on the Clarkson era, overseas sales of Top Gear have tanked, the franchises (Germany, Oz and USA), all of which depended on content or scripts from the UK, have all shut down, and the BBC has had to kiss goodbye to an entire channel and a lot of other programming which was presumably being funded by the enormous Top Gear income. A case of rampant and malicious PC behaviour, incompetent management or a toxic mix of both, I wonder?

Oh, and the very un-PC Clarkson is laughing all the way to the bank, because he often states what many people think, like it or not. He's a blunt, bluff Yorkshireman - and as Lancastrian I always tend to take people like him with a large dose of salt

Last edited by a moderator:
You are also forgetting that there was a lot of pressure being applied to the Top Gear team...

Irrelevant.

I don't know if you've ever assaulted an underling at work.

When you do, losing your job will not be the only thing that happens to you.

Are you sure you want full free speech, no limits? Be careful what you wish for if so.

And if you don't, then there has to be some limits, which were generally common sense, but now appears some people need to be told what is and isn't acceptable.

If the common sense fails the next step is heavy censorship, and I really don't like that option.

Irrelevant.

I don't know if you've ever assaulted an underling at work.

When you do, losing your job will not be the only thing that happens to you.
I don't know if you've ever been assaulted by an underling at work and then found management won't support you. I was. As an apprentice I was also assaulted (in the modern view of things) more than a few times. It hasn't meant that I feel the need to assault anyone else.

I work in an environment which at times is very pressured. Some of the people I work with are pretty violent, so a necessary skill is learning how to diffuse a situation. Or better still manage the situation more effectively so that it doesn't ever reach that point. Yet there have been enough stories coming out of the BBC since the incident to call into doubt the "management" of this situation. The fact that the show's producer, other presenters and many senior staff also left TG, many to work with Clarkson again, would appear to add credence to the view that the whole thing was stage managed. After all, who goes off to work again with a guy who might assault or injure them at any moment in the future, without warning? Absolutely nobody

Face it; you don't like Clarkson. He offends your sensibilities, and that's all there is to it

BTW for your information Clarkson, at the point of the assault occurred, wasn't losing his job. The BBC would have been fools to kill off the programme - but the PC brigade within the BBC were cock-a-hoop when this happened

By selling their soul to the very media that, according to them, are 'destroying' them? How does that work?
How it works is that by signing with Netflix they control what gets put out.

The gutter press of the UK sensationalises everything and went out of their way (along with the "firm") to put a negative spin on everything. As detailed in the documentary and nosealls earlier post.

At the end of the day the evidence is overwhelming that Megan isn't the c+#t the UK media portray, and in fact she was highly regarded before the royal family and has always been philanthropic, same as Harry probably one of the many reasons Harry chose to marry her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back