Has this anti-vax gone to far.

Sponsored Links
So you believe all that stuff about govt controlling us…….sounds like a conspiracy theory to me
No such thing, I've no idea how you've drawn that from my comment.

The world is becoming increasingly intolerant. People are becoming increasingly more fragile and less robust. Life is challenging and difficult. It demands hard words and harsh actions, society in its rush to run away from the tragedy and pain doesn't do anything to make those better, it just encourages them to be worse.

We are becoming a society of the eternally offensive and the eternally offended. You see this everywhere. Safe spaces, woke culture, positive discrimination and censorship.

I ask a member on here what he means when his sig demonizes anti- vaxxers, yet he can't even explain what an "anti-vaxxer" is. I've yet to find anyone who can.

Daring to question this has you labelled, cancelled.
Going against the flow is becoming a social crime.

It's so 1984, it's unreal.

So, when i say it's not the vaccine, or "conspiracy nutters" as you label them, but its the direction society is going in thats causing the outrage, this is what i mean.

People know when something is wrong or right. They know that positive censorship in the name of something (covid) is unacceptable in the most primitive way and they lash out like they are now.

It's society becoming unstable because its out of balance. The reactions won't seem obvious.

Least, this is my take on things.

I don't label people who have deep misgivings about covid vaccines as nutters. I don't label people who feel passionately about the environment and react accordingly as terrorists. I look to see what it is they are animated about and try to consider all angles of the arguments. Certainly, i don't hop onto the group-think bus and condem them without reason.

Last edited:
Thank you Notch7. Someone with sense.
I find it shocking that people are so brainwashed by garbage spread on social media, they would actually travel to demonstrate outside a newly built prison.

Sponsored Links
I'm due Thu 30th for my third. I've done the flu at my expense also. Safe, sorry....
I’ve paid for the flu jab for years. I’ve never been all that sure how good it is, but my wife and Inare self employed, we can’t afford to be ill.

this year I managed to get one at my GP surgery.

I’ve paid for the flu jab for years. I’ve never been all that sure how good it is, but my wife and I are self employed, we can’t afford to be ill.

My GP makes it very difficult to get an appointment

But I get a free one at Boots
(Good online booking system, free to over-50s and some others)

I’ve paid for the flu jab for years. I’ve never been all that sure how good it is, but my wife and Inare self employed, we can’t afford to be ill.

I used to mine free at the surgery until last year. If you are over 50, it's free in the pharmacist anyway.

Fair enough I suppose , although It in no way suggests I don’t or won’t wear a mask.
As a matter of interest, do you not think that the media coverage and government responses and reactions which clearly feed them during the whole coronavirus episode it a tad hysterical?

The media is always hysterical about everything, it's what sells papers, subscriptions and adverts.

But COVID is serious, and deserves serious coverage. It's the worse pandemic we've seen in 100 years and it's far from over. Our government downplayed it early on and that killed many people. Its good to be cautious.

do you not think that the media coverage and government responses and reactions which clearly feed them during the whole coronavirus episode it a tad hysterical?

I cant imagine why a virus that has killed 5 million people would be newsworthy, nobody would be interested in reading about it

The vaccine will surely kill those who've had it. The anti-vaxers will rule the world. I think a lot of them must have started their Christmas break early as the protest camp at my local traffic lights has dwindled in size recently - there used to be loads of them, I think I once counted 7, now we're lucky if there's 2 of them fighting the cause for us.

The vaccine will surely kill those who've had it. The anti-vaxers will rule the world. I think a lot of them must have started their Christmas break early as the protest camp at my local traffic lights has dwindled in size recently - there used to be loads of them, I think I once counted 7, now we're lucky if there's 2 of them fighting the cause for us.

The other 5 have all fallen. 2 were told by their wives, "stop being a **** and get jabbed so we can spend Christmas with my parents", 1 was told by his company to get jabbed or take unpaid leave, and the other 2 started to feel the cold, so decided to call it a day and have a pint together, so decided to get jabbed then go down the Dog and Duck where it was a bit warmer, and friendlier.

Sponsored Links
Back