Has Truss resigned yet?

I'd like to see Bojo back. He at least has a mandate from the people.
He wont stand unless he's pretty sure of winning. As for the mandate, he shouldn't have a problem calling a general election if that’s the case.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Nobody should put themselves up as an MP and worse a minister if they can't take the risk that someone will "sack" them. If he wants job security, I'd suggest Met police officer. They are immune from sacking no matter what they do.

Who ever takes the helm needs to do it long enough to deliver something, before they call a GE. Nobody has to do what Starmer wants because currently he doesn't have the numbers.

I'd like to see Bojo back. He at least has a mandate from the people.
Pathological liars whose only political skills are populism are not good for this country.

Weve had 3 years of the lies winning, we need serious politics now, not gaslighting and boosterism.

Last edited:
You might want to read up on that mental health disorder

One thing is a NotchyFACT™ Governments are crap at running things. No government IT project has ever been a success, half of the public services that work, do so because they are outsourced. So voting for a party who wants to nationalise everything at huge public expense with massive windfalls to foreign shareholders is not something I fancy doing.

I do not want to go back to the days where armies of Quentins and Tarquins stroll around public sector institutions, armed with powerpoint change strategies, spending millions on "best practice" delivering nothing more complex than a software license for Microsoft word.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You might want to read up on that mental health disorder

One thing is a NotchyFACT™ Governments are crap at running things. No government IT project has ever been a success, half of the public services that work, do so because they are outsourced. So voting for a party who wants to nationalise everything at huge public expense with massive windfalls to foreign shareholders is not something I fancy doing.

I do not want to go back to the days where armies of Quentins and Tarquins stroll around public sector institutions, armed with powerpoint change strategies, spending millions on "best practice" delivering nothing more complex than a software license for Microsoft word.
Lots of dishonest arguments in that lot.

1) you claim “governments are crap at running things”. So hows the private model working?

All the private model does is extract profits, squeeze staff, lower service levels. Moral hazard.

I could quote you endless examples.

2) “voting for a party that wants to nationalise everything” Well that is demonstrably untrue, Labour haven’t got any nationalisation plans. They will take back train operators as contracts end - Tories are doing that. And their British energy plan is a private company with govt as shareholder.

What you actually are arguing for is the Conservative libertarian small state, which transfers wealth from workers to capital. I’m sure you’ve done very out of growing your wealth, whilst workers are now on the breadline suffering.

She beat the Duke of Wellington, he only lasted 23 days!
Wellington was only the caretaker PM, while Peel was abroad. Wellington did not want to be PM.
Wellington was gradually superseded as leader of the Tories by Robert Peel, while the party evolved into the Conservatives. When the Tories were returned to power in 1834, Wellington declined to become prime minister because he thought membership in the House of Commons had become essential. The king reluctantly approved Peel, who was in Italy. Hence, Wellington acted as interim leader for three weeks in November and December 1834, taking the responsibilities of prime minister and most of the other ministries.[190] In Peel's first cabinet (1834–1835), Wellington became foreign secretary, while in the second (1841–1846) he was a minister without portfolio and Leader of the House of Lords.[191] Wellington was also re-appointed Commander-in-Chief of the British Army on 15 August 1842 following the resignation of Lord Hill.[192]

But he did invent the Wellington boot.

Returning BJ is a w$nkfest for the right wing, bring it on he will be a disaster, as will anyone who inherits the economic climate were in.

Blup

Could we have a Blair - Brown type agreement?
Rishi to Boris, "I'll be PM, and you can be Chancellor of the Exchequer. When I resign you can be PM"
Boris to Rishi, "What does the Chancellor do? Can I still have parties? Can I redecorate the flat? Who will pay for it? Will I need a big fridge?"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lots of dishonest arguments in that lot.

1) you claim “governments are crap at running things”. So hows the private model working?

All the private model does is extract profits, squeeze staff, lower service levels. Moral hazard.

I could quote you endless examples.

2) “voting for a party that wants to nationalise everything” Well that is demonstrably untrue, Labour haven’t got any nationalisation plans. They will take back train operators as contracts end - Tories are doing that. And their British energy plan is a private company with govt as shareholder.

What you actually are arguing for is the Conservative libertarian small state, which transfers wealth from workers to capital. I’m sure you’ve done very out of growing your wealth, whilst workers are now on the breadline suffering.
I'm not arguing for anything.

I'm suggesting that Labour are not the answer to our current challenges. Starmer is wishy washy. He says what he thinks will make him popular, he has no depth and he is scared of his own shadow. I was listening to Rayner frothing last night, she said nothing and has no ideas.

All politicians are rubbish. The party system is rubbish. I'd start by having a lot less of them. 750+ lords 650 MPs - its nonsense. You could function with half.

Said on the news that johnson May ? Have the backing of 140’MPS

So far ???? :ROFLMAO:

One thing is a NotchyFACT™ Governments are crap at running things
Another fact is: private enterprise is crap at running things.

train operators - siphon off profits and hand back to govt.
energy providers - 80% have closed leaving govt to pick up the bill
Carillion - classic example of moral hazard.

Sponsored Links
Back