Has Truss resigned yet?

If that was William Blake's number, then I regret to inform you of his demise... Maybe that's why the number is discontinued?
Nah. It's the number of the US Embassy in Jerusalem.
It's listed as 00972 2 630 4000, but that's not the ISD/IDD for UK, so I corrected it to 0044 2 630 4000, still unobtainable. ;)

Sponsored Links
1666029702352.png

apoarently truss has been called away on urgent business and can’t be in parliament.

Is she busy writing a letter?

It was vey cynical of Labour tabling an 'urgent question' in the full knowledge that Truss would be busy with the Chancellor preparing his 3.30 statement.

0600 - BBC reports the Chancellor would be making statement during the morning on TV then briefing parliment in the afternoon
1300 - BBC reports Labour have submitted an urgent question demanding the PM to respond.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Sponsored Links
It was vey cynical of Labour tabling an 'urgent question' in the full knowledge that Truss would be busy with the Chancellor preparing his 3.30 statement.
No. The job of any opposition is not to dance to the tune of the government of the day, is it?

Had Truss and Kwarteng done their jobs properly in the first place, none of this would mess would have happened, would it?

Booze figures again. Cabinet having drinks with Truss this evening, Hunt having drinks with Sunak soon.

The Hunt Sunak one may have it's interesting aspects. Hunt is a bit of a centrist with some strong typical Tory feelings about growing the economy. He's also unlikely to upset a decent number of MP's.

Hunt feels that he will have to raise taxes so look forwards to next year. VAT maybe, they raise ~£167b inflation probably pushing it up. Or income tax. Chance to change the system and try to level it out more. Doubt it. Or both. Given the shortfall best to wonder. Damage has been done so market concerns wont evaporate. They raise ~£716b from taxes, up 22%
During 2021 to 2022, receipts from Income Tax (IT), Capital Gains Tax (CGT), & NICs combined accounted for 55% of the annual receipts. Over the last decade, IT, CGT, NICs & AL made up on average 55% of total annual receipts with VAT and Corporation Tax the next largest contributors, contributing an average 21% and 9% of total receipts respectively.

Some Tory MP's are saying they must end the method of electing PM's. Thanks to Tory party voter fantasists the wrong one got the job. The 1922 committee can change rules, all of the ones they have. That still leaves fantasist MP's. There are a number of them.

Bleating about talk between the various parties in the house. Look on the bright side. At times it's broardcast on USA TV for light relief so they can have a laugh. Supporters of both sides may be happy with that but afraid I am not. ;) In some ways I am glad Trump came along. Gives them something to be embarrassed about but sadly not all of them.

0600 - BBC reports the Chancellor would be making statement during the morning on TV then briefing parliment in the afternoon
1300 - BBC reports Labour have submitted an urgent question demanding the PM to respond.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
but the statement was virtually word for word what Hunt announced this morning at 11.00am….which I bet was drafted over the weekend.

Blimey with her back up against the wall

And she is hanging in there

Good old no surrender Dunkirk spirit standing up to these back stabbing fruit cakes

Makes one proud to be a Brit :cool:

I'm down to be Chancellor of the Exchequer on 27th October between 10:00 and 14:00. However it clashes with a hospital appointment so would anyone like to swap?

Not as daft as it first appears JD.
Is there anybody left who thinks the houses of parliament run this country.
These latest events have put paid to that notion.
If everyone ditched the Tories and voted for the reform party their chancellor would have the same level of experience as Hunt and would have his/her strings suitably pulled just as Rachel Reeves would.

It'll be all right now. Liz said she realises the mini budget "wasn't perfect".

It'll be all right now. Liz said she realises the mini budget "wasn't perfect".
Is that a euphemism for "the most ill-conceived and economically ignorant action in the history of the British parliament". All those years of waiting to put their idiotic economic ideas into action only to be shown by the world that they really hadn't a clue

I'm down to be Chancellor of the Exchequer on 27th October between 10:00 and 14:00. However it clashes with a hospital appointment so would anyone like to swap?
No surprise there - I always had you down as a closet Tory.

Not as daft as it first appears JD.
Is there anybody left who thinks the houses of parliament run this country.
These latest events have put paid to that notion.
If everyone ditched the Tories and voted for the reform party their chancellor would have the same level of experience as Hunt and would have his/her strings suitably pulled just as Rachel Reeves would.
Isn't a core value of Brittania Unchained to 'let the (Free) market decide'?
Smaller government; fewer public services.

I've never seen such a 'performance' from any PM, siting mutely in the HoC while two of her political rivals explain away the mess she made after just a few weeks. Ms Liz will have to give the performance of her life on wednesday at PMQs and she just doesn't have the rhetoric, the power or the wit to help dig herself out of this hole.

Has she resigned yet?

Labour should seriously consider tabling a motion of No Confidence in this shambles and force the Tory backbenchers into making up their mind.
"Who do they serve; the PM or the people of this country?"

Sponsored Links
Back