Hate campaign and incompetent police

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of an ongoing hate campaign against her by some members of her own family my daughter has been accused of assaulting her step brother's partner.
The girl made a specific allegation that she was punched in the face during an argument at a specific time and place.
It's a complete lie, and cctv covers the whole incident and shows it to be a lie, so no worries there.
When the police received the girls complaint they responded by calling my daughter in for an interview under caution.
The officer had the cctv and he, my daughter, her mum and solicitor all viewed it.
I am told this showed the incident clearly enough to leave no doubt.
Despite this she has now been charged with "assault by beating" and has to attend the magistrates court in June and a police station in the meantime to have photo, dna and fingerprints taken.
The police know of the hate campaign and have by and large been reasonably sympathetic, so I don't want to alienate them at the moment.
I was told by a recently retired ex copper that it was far easier for the copper who did the interview to pass the case up the line for his superior to authorise, than it would have been to do all the paperwork necessary to stop it in it's tracks. Also that the superior will have authorised it without seeing the cctv.
Now my daughter who is gentle and non violent (unlike me:LOL:)but has a touch of Aspergers which makes public appearances, talking to strangers, photos etc. an ordeal has to go through this process.
I dare say the solicitor who was present could have insisted the case was dropped at the interview stage if he had been doing his job properly, but that wouldn't have been in his law firms interest as they now have the case to defend.
My daughter will qualify for legal aid and the taxpayer will have to pay for this, also the cost of the court appearance and prosecution costs.
I was also told that there would be no repercussions against the original pc or his superior even if/when the case is found to be a complete waste of time and money.
What a wonderful system.

Sponsored Links
What a dreadful situation.

I don't know the law well enough, but I would have thought the CPS will throw this out when they realise the CCTV supports your daughter.
Hopefully they should bring charges against the person falsely claiming assault.

You need to get on to your legal eagle and explain about your daughter's condition, the false campaign and the fact that she has been charged and fight to get the authorities to do what is right.

But I am disgusted that the police have progressed this case because it is easier on them.

The police don’t make the decision to prosecute the CPS do.

Also there’s often no smoke without fire …..

Sponsored Links
go to her doctor to get a letter explaining the stress this would cause and ask to be excused on medical grounds ??

Anyway, the evidence is there to support the fact the assault is a fabrication.
The assailant would say that wouldn't they. Just saying.
Yes they would, but it's not really important - innocent until proven otherwise.

And folk are very strange. When I was just 17, I worked part time in a fast-food joint when a woman suddenly started to harass me. She'd shout obscenities at me in the shop, follow me around if she saw me in the street doing the same. I'd never seen this woman before and it went on for a while before my boss and my dad helped and we took her to the police station to sort it out. Turned out that it all started in her head when her boyfriend (who to this day I have no idea who he was) walked past the shop and commented that he thought I was nice looking. That was it, one innocent comment. So it all escalated from there and the woman convinced herself that we were having an affair. She was given an order to keep so many yards from me at all times and harassment stopped.

Anyway, my point is that some people are unstable and very odd, very odd indeed and no rational thinking is behind their behaviour. There was certainly not 'no smoke without fire' in my case and I don't think we should use that as a default setting.

I wish Sooey's daughter well and I hope it's sorted out quickly and she gets an apology. Good luck with it all...

Last edited by a moderator:
The police don’t make the decision to prosecute the CPS do.
Not sure about that in a low level case which is dealt with in a magistrates court.
On the charge sheet it says "Charge authorised by Sgt --------" and gives his No.

Also there’s often no smoke without fire …..
Already said that this is a part of a larger hate campaign.
There have been a couple of other bogus complaints to the police which were dismissed summarily. Also 3 complaints to two different child welfare authorities alleging terrible neglect and abuse which resulted in very thorough investigations which my daughter and her kids came through with flying colours because she dotes on her kids (as do I) and they are a credit to her.
Both authorities dismissed ALL of the allegations as malicious.
She also had her windows put in, two half bricks through two porch windows at eleven one night.
Also the cctv shows clearly that the incident was verbal only, no blows were thrown or attempted by either party.
Anyway, the evidence is there to support the fact the assault is a fabrication.
The assailant would say that wouldn't they. Just saying.
They would if they weren't an assailant, there wouldn't be much point in pleading innocence if cctv shows you throwing the punch. It shows the opposite, it shows her not throwing a punch. Not all worried about the outcome of the case, there can only be one outcome.
Just annoyed at the waste of public money, and more annoyed that my lovely daughter is being subjected to this clearly ridiculous process.

go to her doctor to get a letter explaining the stress this would cause and ask to be excused on medical grounds ??

If we were able to do that Al that would leave the question of her innocence unproven.
As part of the process she has just had to report to a police station to have her dna, fingerprints and photo taken.
The female pc who handled that was sensitive and my daughter was fine with it.
So I think she'll be able to handle the magistrates court appearance and woud prefer that to run its course now, as we know the outcome.

Already said that this is a part of a larger hate campaign.
There have been a couple of other bogus complaints to the police which were dismissed summarily. Also 3 complaints to two different child welfare authorities alleging terrible neglect and abuse which resulted in very thorough investigations which my daughter and her kids came through with flying colours because she dotes on her kids (as do I) and they are a credit to her.
Both authorities dismissed ALL of the allegations as malicious.
She also had her windows put in, two half bricks through two porch windows at eleven one night.
Sounds awful, poor lady. I do hate people sometimes.

we can never know to hear about this Sooey and hope it is all dealt with quickly and sympathetically.

As someone who has experience of living in a house with a teenager who has Aspergers I can understand your concerns.
I would certainly make your daughters GP aware of what is happening. Your daughter may appear to be coping at the moment but we can never truly know what another person feels in moments of solitude. If her GP is aware they will be in a better position to help.

Good Luck and let us know how she gets on.
(Totally agree the law is an ass at times).

Hey Sooey, send her down south, still a few decent people left down here. I'll look after her.

Someone forget to change there login to answer back ? or someone answering their own jokes ?

Sponsored Links
Back