Have a go hero or thug like the train big man ?

The big guys no more a thug than any bouncer on a saturday night tossing a lout out of a night club.
Not really. Going to a club means that you abide to the situation, one of which being that you may be manhandled out of there. Getting on a train does not have that agreement anywhere in the fine print nor ephemerally
p*ss normal law abiding citizens off and the same rules apply.

Sponsored Links
It was reported today, on the Scottish news that the train conductor was back at work and that he'd been on leave since the incident.
The "Big Man" was reported to the Procurator fiscal for allegedly breaking the Criminal Justice and Licensing Scotland Act (2010), which relates to threatening or abusive behaviour.
The Crown Office said the case remained under consideration.

The big man is being charged with assault and quite rightly so.
Aye right, and you'd have just sat there not getting involved while an old man was verbally abused by one of societies free loading rats because that's the quiet soul you are. I know you too well Joe, you couldn't hold back.

Going to a club means that you abide to the situation, one of which being that you may be manhandled out of there. Getting on a train does not have that agreement anywhere in the fine print nor ephemerally
What a load of twaddle! There is NO 'fine print' nor 'short lived' acknowledgement that if you enter a Public House with 'Bouncers' that you may be manhandled out of said pub/club. Granted, you start effing off you're gonna be removed from the premises but start effing off ANYWHERE and you should expect to be removed. By whom? I don't really care.

If any idiot enters ANY place and starts effing off (as the piece of excrement did on a train), if I am there with my wife and/or son, believe me the excrement WILL regret it. Call me all you want. The 'Big Man' did a public service by removing a piece excrement from a train. No one wants to have to listen to or step on that.

As joe has stated repeatedly, the train company has a duty of care, even to the annoying pi$$ed up little runt. The conductor failed to apply this.

Sponsored Links
Thats good news indeed.
Common sense has prevailed.

As joe has stated repeatedly, the train company has a duty of care, even to the annoying p**sed up little runt. The conductor failed to apply this.

Surely the duty of care contract was broken, when said Knob-end chose not to buy a ticket.

He's been paid off - that's obvious. ;)

It's not in the public interest to charge our 'hero'. The young lad must have chosen not to press charges - because he's been paid off by Scotrail who would get disastrous publicity over the affair.

It's not in the public interest to charge our 'hero'. The young lad must have chosen not to press charges - because he's been paid off by Scotrail who would get disastrous publicity over the affair.
Really?
Well, i suppose that's one imaginative way of looking at it.

Or perhaps it was as simple as no real firm prospect of a successful prosecution. Yes, that is a key factor for the CP.

There was video evidence of assault. It's obvious that Scotrail didn't want the adverse publicity for sacking the conductor and charging the thug. If you were in charge of Scotrail - what would you have done? I haven't heard the media chasing the victim - have you? The gagging order is part of the deal. Nowt new under the sun.

As joe has stated repeatedly, the train company has a duty of care, even to the annoying p**sed up little runt. The conductor failed to apply this.
Of course the train company has a duty of care, then again, so does everyone else travelling on the trains. We expect everyone to abide by the law, buy a ticket and not be an a-hole. Yet, this young scrote failed to abide by these rules and got what he deserved. The conductor and big guy should be rewarded, not reprimanded. If only the rest of this country would stand up against other chancers.

There was video evidence of assault. It's obvious that Scotrail didn't want the adverse publicity for sacking the conductor and charging the thug. If you were in charge of Scotrail - what would you have done? I haven't heard the media chasing the victim - have you? The gagging order is part of the deal. Nowt new under the sun.
No Joe, not obvious at all - expcept to you.

CP have to have a realistic chance of securing a conviction - not a snowballs chance in hell with this one. Hence not in public interest.

Of course the train company has a duty of care, then again, so does everyone else travelling on the trains. We expect everyone to abide by the law, buy a ticket and not be an a-hole. Yet, this young scrote failed to abide by these rules and got what he deserved. The conductor and big guy should be rewarded, not reprimanded. If only the rest of this country would stand up against other chancers.
It's worth pointing out the young scroat had actually paid for two tickets. However, his 'attitude' contributed greatly to the situation. If he'd been open and approachable it is likely it would have all been sorted amicably.
Unfortunately, he acted like a d*ck and got treated accordingly.

Sponsored Links
Back