Have I blown up my boiler timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi was updating the roomstat to a digital one and wrongly wired the new thermostat :oops:

This caused the fuse to blow in the timer supply. I then put everything ack to how it was and replaced the fuse but now the CH is always on according to the light on the controller and the pump is running constant.

Attached is a picture of the controller and the thermostat, timer is a Landis and Gyr RWB2 and the thermostat satchwell TLX 2259

I wrongly used the blue and brown on the common and NC connection on the new timed thermostat.

Is it goosed?

Attached are photos for clarity

If it makes any difference it is a gravity fed system, if goosed do I need to watch which new timer to get?

Sponsored Links
You have caused the contacts to become welded on the programmer CH Relay...or put another way the RWB2 is "Goosed" (is that an Essexc saying?!!)
You can still buy RWB2 controls and given that you have Gravity HW then there is no point in spending on a more expensive Electronic model
The Room stat should be OK though the TLX 2259 is just about bomb proof! ;)

Ok thanks for the quick reply, will get a digital one which I will be able to re-use when I update the system in the future. Grasslin QE2 looks good with 28 memory locations and seems to be cheaper than the analogue ones.

Question is if I had not been a numpty and got my meter out would I have been able to get my new digital roomstat working. What did I feed back to the programmer should I have left the blue wire off and taped up?

THe Blue wire should be disconnected in the stat AND and the other end i.e. Junction box or programmer it is not acceptable to leave a cable with potential "taped up" ;)

Sponsored Links
Doh 1 minute with the meter would have saved me having to get a new programmer.

Fixed

One new micro switch installed have tested with a meter and now all good.Will install tomorrow and let you know if normal service has resumed. Was a pit of a pain on the mechanical side but got there in the end

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back