Having trouble with a new Accenta G4 panel-any advice appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a (retired early) electrician,put loads of brand new alarm systems in over the years. Got a problem with an existing system in a friends house. Said he'd been having trouble for a while and now not working at all.As he has no manuals or engineer code i have replaced the panel with a brand new Accenta G4 panel (c/w LED remote keypad). On firing it up i have found that the external strobe/sounder box is kaput, this i will sort later as my mobility is a bit iffy at the moment for extension ladders. Disconnected bell box for now (and refitted the factory tamper link) which has now cleared my tamper LED on keypad and everything is good to go with power LED and unset LED lit on keypad.For now we are just going to be using the existing (very loud as it goes) internal speaker. Running through the engineer programme menus is fine and everything i ask it to do it does -built in PA works to set off speaker,can set alarm as if leaving/entering etc.However the walk test is a problem. On normal unset mode or set mode the pirs light up upon detection when you walk past them, on set mode they don't set off the alarm even though they have lit up as detected. On actual engineer walk test mode they should programme to the system (flagged up on keypad) as you walk past each one. They do light up as you walk past them but nothing shows up on the pad. (ps- speaker-which works, bell box- which we know doesn't work, and pirs- which seem to half work are existing from the original system but i thought a pir was standard and universal ). Let me know your thoughts you lovely people!!

Sponsored Links
Defo standard stuff. Have you told the panel which zones are active in the programming? This isn't for all panels but could be something to check.

Thanks for that Jadele, i will look into that next week when i call back to see him..... as you say it's worth checking. Thanks again!

The PIRs light up as walk past them, but don't set the alarm off, or register during the walk test, so as Jadelle has suggested, either you haven't told the panel which zones are active during when set, or there's an issue with the PIRs. Have you gone through the manual; it's a fairly simple system to program, but the LCD keypad is easier to use. You need to go to the PROGRAMS section and tell the system what type of zone it it. Entry and exit zones are set as timed, all others will be set as used, except a zone that you need to pass through before you can unset the panel, or leave the house, and that's an inhibit zone.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Doggit. I did come across that briefly whilst flicking through the manual.If it is just programming required i'll be happy with that. Probably my fault for assuming stuff. Mostly used old Citadel XR2 panels in the past and didn't need to programme the zones and as the accenta pcb (and manual) is nearly identical i assumed it would just fire up. I shall look into it though so thanks again!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back