Heartsink posters

D

Deleted2797112

Unfortunately the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
If you're a GP, it's likely that your heart sinks when particular patients walk through the door. These are patients who exasperate, defeat and overwhelm their doctors by their behaviour.

I've come to the conclusion in recent days that there is an internet equivalent in the heartsink poster. My heart sinks now when I open up General Discussion. I didn't post much there but I always read and enjoyed the variety of topics and the banter and even the spats. It's now the personal playground of a single poster who appears intent on destroying GD, aided and abetted by the ridiculous heavy-handed moderation of recent weeks. Sad days.
Do you long for the old days, when posters were allowed to be racially offensive?
And anti-racist posters were heavily moderated or simply banned?
And Youtube videos were allowed inciting racial violence?

Having been a member for less than a month, I'm not sure you're qualified to discuss 'the old days' and I'm not going to engage in another endless debate about 'racially offensive' anything. That's not the point of my post, however much you'd like it to be.
First of all, the threads did not start a month ago, so the history and content is freely available. In your view then, new members are not allowed to have a view of historical content? Why, because they were not participating at the time? I didn't participate in the Salem witch trials but it doesn't disallow me an opinion.
Secondly, you started the discussion, and if you're not going to be specific about your complaint, about which you are not willing to elucidate, I can only ask unspecific questions based on my opinions of how it was and is now and my question was based on that view, and your vague complaint.
What is your more specific criticism, unless you reserve the right not to discuss it? In which case we must content ourselves with your general discontent.
What is preferable? Some people's discontent with racist, and potential illegal comments, or your current general, but undisclosed discontent?

Of course, you may voice a general opinion without specific reference to any topical point. But so can we all, but I would have thought that most would want to address particular points.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
So much so that they feel obliged to erase their comments to hide the fact that they were ever there.

Or maybe they just realised that their comments were ill-conceived and regret making them.

In which case we must content ourselves with your general discontent.
Spot on really, nowt wrong with letting off some steam without getting into an endless to and fro with someone who doesn't know when too much is really too much.

Thankyou too Ceres, I've not listened to this in ages, top tune! Cheers for the earworm :)

In which case we must content ourselves with your general discontent.
Spot on really, nowt wrong with letting off some steam without getting into an endless to and fro with someone who doesn't know when too much is really too much.
Precisely, it's too much when you disagree.
But when you agree, it's nae bother! Carry on!

Thankyou too Ceres, I've not listened to this in ages, top tune! Cheers for the earworm :)

It wasn't really letting off steam. It was an expression of disappointment and sadness. I think those responsible DO know when too much really is too much but they're intent on an objective so it doesn't matter to them. I have three people on ignore and pretty much the whole front page of GD is gone. It will stay that way until they get bored and move on because I don't see many others willing to engage in the fruit loop posts or the unpleasant aggressive nature of the rest.

My first and fourth comments still apply.
Just to add, while those with a political or racist agenda continue to post their endless unpleasant aggressive comments, you can hardly expect others to acquiesce with their silence..... or maybe you do? But it wouldn't stop the endless unpleasant aggressive or misleading comments.

No, I want the last word. Me me me me me me me me me
No, ceres can have the last word........................as long as he admits he was wrong. ;)
You can't take a hint can you? I repeat

me me me me me me me me me.
Alright you can have the last word..........if you you you you you you you you insist.:rolleyes:

Interesting comment by you:
I do not believe in curtailing the views of anyone even if it is something I do not wish to hear - if we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we do not like, then we don't believe in those freedoms at all.
Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/final-message.450246/page-4#ixzz3yda1lGi9
You've had a change of heart, you want to curtail my opinion.
I assume it's because you don't like my views. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No, I want the last word. Me me me me me me me me me
No, ceres can have the last word........................as long as he admits he was wrong. ;)
You can't take a hint can you? I repeat

me me me me me me me me me.
Alright you can have the last word..........if you you you you you you you you insist.:rolleyes:

Interesting comment by you:
I do not believe in curtailing the views of anyone even if it is something I do not wish to hear - if we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we do not like, then we don't believe in those freedoms at all.
Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/final-message.450246/page-4#ixzz3yda1lGi9
You've had a change of heart, you want to curtail my opinion.
I assume it's because you don't like my views. :rolleyes:

Goodness no, I was just having a little fun of my own because it's easy to get you to bite. It's not that I don't like your views - it's that you're utterly rubbish at arguing, and tiresome. To be good at arguing, or debating as I'd rather see it, means you should listen to what the other person is saying, even tho you don't always agree. You don't listen at all, you just twist and go off on dull tangents or crawl around desperate to try and score points to make yourself feel good (using my post just now about freedom of views for an example). Good debaters use logic, be prepared to concede what perhaps might be a good point. Even considering a win-win situation or an agree to disagree train of thought makes someone good and interesting to debate with. You just want to always have the last word, you are patronising, (your use of this just now for an example: :rolleyes:) you want always to have the upper hand, you lose all good parts of your views along the way because a person has to wade through the endless trite to get to it and really, there's no fun in that which is a shame.
So no, I don't wish to stop you, carry on making a complete and utter tit out of yourself, it's a free world.

Do you long for the old days, when posters were allowed to be racially offensive?
And anti-racist posters were heavily moderated or simply banned?
And Youtube videos were allowed inciting racial violence?
Hmmmmm , just because some people on here say they're worried about the high levels of immigration into this country, they are immediately deemed racist. Just because some mention they are worried about the rise of radical Islam , they are deemed bigoted.
Some on here seem to delight in being offended on behalf of others (wonder of there's a technical name for being offended by proxy? ) The same people seem to bury their heads in the sand and are oblivious of the dangers society faces these days. I expect soon that there will be no discussions concerning anything religious, political, or anything to do with the sort of things people are worried about. Wouldn't surprise me if at some point in the future, we can't even discuss the news at six or what happened on the Jeremy Kyle show.

Sponsored Links
Back