Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The film features the KKK saving the day
There were deliberately no black characters on the posters of the day
The black cast were not permitted to go to the whites only party
No black cast were allowed at the Atlanta premiere
Hattie McDaniel won an oscar, and was allowed (after some of the white cast insisted) to be at the ceremony- but had to sit on a special table at the back
All examples of unacceptable behaviour..Banning films does not change it.

HBO, Warner Bros, Disney have withdrawn some films, for now. They have said that they are withdrawn pending some serious thoughts, and they may return in the future, perhaps with a suitable notation, something along the lines of: "this film portrays racist connotations which were prevalent at that time."

The racism apologists are unhappy with that? Pouquoi?
I doubt if many have them have watched it.

Ice Age and Jurassic Park shows Dinosaurs as stereotypical aggressive brainless murderers and mammals as the poor saintly victims.

Star Wars has similar imperialistic overtones.

And those seven dwarfs, living a life of servitude and drudgery when they could be out running their own technology business or bring up their own families. :rolleyes: But oh no confined to basic chores because that's all that dwarfs are capable of isn't it?

What have the Romans ever done for us, Eh?

Sponsored Links
Good on the people of Poole. It's just a shame that the Police and Councils have to divert resources to dealing with this nonsense not to mention the cost involved when the country is in the middle of a pandemic and economic meltdown.

Ceres says racism is nonsense.

Is that all you can do Notchy? Put words in people's mouths. Show me where I said racism is nonsense. You can't because I didn't. What I do consider nonsense is irresponsible mass gatherings during lockdown, violence against the Police, destruction of property and so-called political correctness infiltrating every aspect of our day to day lives in the most insidious way.

Yep. We're going back and air-brushing out the entire history of the planet from the point that we crawled out of the swamps.
Indeed..BLACK LIVES MATTER......How will that be twisted and mis represented in 500 years time!!!..For one,,as if no one elses matters..Need to bit careful digging into 500 years ago and altering them to todays laws values etc and criminalising people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back