Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
yes, these protests are trying to get society to move on as well

Violent attacks against our police officers, looting and destruction and desecration of our fine statues isn't moving on boyo.
Its moving backwards.

Sponsored Links
Have you noticed how it's the left who seem to have upper hand when it comes to just being horribly nasty ?
yeah fancy that left wing Trump calling Mexicans murderers.
yeah fancy that left wing govt that instigated Windrush

I agree horribly nasty.

db4cc201dd06f3e965ed11d346698854.png

Why don't we all drop everything and work for world peace? It's a tired old argument and it's never one that is meant to be productive.

Small offenses that happen to you, that you can do something about are still worth taking action over even if worse offenses are happening somewhere else in the world.

it doesn't mean they support slavery.
Yes it does.

Ryler says the Colston statue is a 'fine statue', at no point has he also said: 'whilst I also recognise Colston was a part of the slave trade which is wrong'

Ryler exactly is the part of the problem, he is the reason these protests matter.

desecration of our fine statues

Give it a rest, accept other people have a different view.
Wrong.

most of the people disagreeing with me on here are using classic logical fallacies in their attempt to win their point

-if they cant make a counter argument using honest debate clearly they have no valid counter argument.

What next? Take history off the education curriculum?
That means a lot of teachers, archaeologists, and of course historians will find themselves out of work.
Oh and the worst case of all, we won't be able to learn from our mistakes because they too will be history!

God give me strength! Or rather, patience and some sort of understanding FFS!
First of all, I have no intention of entering into a discourse with all the racism apologists. (see, we can all use that word)
Conny, do you not think that sometimes history needs updating, especially if the victims have been denied a voice.

There are so many posts in this forum suggesting how damaging religion is. No-one would disagree that sometimes history needs to be re-written, re-written with a more balanced, less partisan viewpoint.

History is not being taken off the curriculum! I am disturbed that you would make such an extreme argument.

History remains, warts and all. The least we can do is to learn from it. But we can't learn from it, if the major and the more damaging aspects are airbrushed out (see, we can all level that accusation). The damaging aspects need to be included in the history that we teach to our kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back