Heartsink posters

Jockscott, think you may like this? I hope so - one of my favs. About 3min 20 is his take on being people offended!

Sponsored Links
Goodness no, I was just having a little fun of my own because it's easy to get you to bite.
So one minute you're all for people having their free speech, then you change your mind and think that I shouldn't be allowed to continue a discussion, then you change your mind again and decide you were only having a laugh anyway.
It's difficult to hold a discussion with someone who shifts position with each successive post.:rolleyes:
[ It's not that I don't like your views - it's that you're utterly rubbish at arguing, and tiresome.
That's because you don't like my views. If it was someone banging on about immigration and using offensive language in the process you're quite happy with that.:rolleyes:

To be good at arguing, or debating as I'd rather see it, means you should listen to what the other person is saying, even tho you don't always agree. You don't listen at all, you just twist and go off on dull tangents or crawl around desperate to try and score points to make yourself feel good (using my post just now about freedom of views for an example). Good debaters use logic, be prepared to concede what perhaps might be a good point. Even considering a win-win situation or an agree to disagree train of thought makes someone good and interesting to debate with. You just want to always have the last word, you are patronising, (your use of this just now for an example: :rolleyes:) you want always to have the upper hand, you lose all good parts of your views along the way because a person has to wade through the endless trite to get to it and really, there's no fun in that which is a shame.
Talk about wading though endless trite. You've mastered the art!
So no, I don't wish to stop you, carry on making a complete and utter tit out of yourself, it's a free world.
As I said another change of heart, again. Now you don't mind if I carry on. Make up your mind.

Last edited:
Do you long for the old days, when posters were allowed to be racially offensive?
And anti-racist posters were heavily moderated or simply banned?
And Youtube videos were allowed inciting racial violence?
Hmmmmm , just because some people on here say they're worried about the high levels of immigration into this country, they are immediately deemed racist.
NO! It's fine to discuss immigration, it's fine to give an opinion about migration, refugees, etc. It's when you resort to stereotyping other nationalities in a derogatory fashion that it becomes offensive. It's obvious that some posters either can't help making derogatory remarks or they want the freedom to discuss problems along with the freedom to throw in offensive comments. It does the poster no benefit at all but indicates their prejudicial viewpoint.
Just because some mention they are worried about the rise of radical Islam , they are deemed bigoted.
NO! Again. It's fine to express an opinion about radical Islam, discuss the causes, etc. It's when some start associating Islam with terrorism that it becomes obnoxious. It's radical Islam that is associated with terrorism, as it is/has been radical any other religion or political view that causes violence.
Some on here seem to delight in being offended on behalf of others
You think it's a delight to read offensive, bigoted, prejudicial or racist comments. get a grip.:rolleyes:

The same people seem to bury their heads in the sand and are oblivious of the dangers society faces these days.
Don't talk daft. You're just being silly. It's fine to discuss terrorism. it's fine to discuss Islam. It's when you confuse or associate the two that the topic turns offensive and even dangerous.
I expect soon that there will be no discussions concerning anything religious, political, or anything to do with the sort of things people are worried about. Wouldn't surprise me if at some point in the future, we can't even discuss the news at six or what happened on the Jeremy Kyle show.
You're being silly again.

Really Himaginn, is that the best you can do? That took you ages to respond too.

And I'd like to know where I wrote saying that you shouldn't be allowed to continue, you keep mentioning it, weirdly. Are you a tad paranoid or just trying again to prove a point that's not even there?

Sponsored Links
Spot on really, nowt wrong with letting off some steam without getting into an endless to and fro with someone who doesn't know when too much is really too much.
You were suggesting I should not continue the discussion.

Spot on really, nowt wrong with letting off some steam without getting into an endless to and fro with someone who doesn't know when too much is really too much.
Did I mention your name or address that post to you? Did I actually say, don't continue the discussion? Was I even taking any notice of you? The answer to all of those questions is no. Did you get that? It was no, just in case you were not paying attention the first time.

Please stick to facts instead of clutching at straws trying one-upmanship. By the way, facts are another handy thing when it comes to online debates, stops you looking like a numpty

That took you ages to respond too.
Have you been sitting staring at your screen, waiting for my response? Ah bless. :LOL:

if I'd known I'd have put down my tools, taken off my boots, washed my hands and rushed in to respond.:rolleyes:

Have you been sitting staring at your screen, waiting for my response? Ah bless. :LOL:
Err, don't flatter yourself, I just saw the time difference that's logged on the posts.
You really are a strange fella aren't ya? It's just got to be all about you. Hope I didn't upset you too much by saying otherwise, I do hate to hurt people's huge egos.

Did I mention your name or address that post to you? Did I actually say, don't continue the discussion? Was I even taking any notice of you? The answer to all of those questions is no. Did you get that? It was no, just in case you were not paying attention the first time.

Please stick to facts instead of clutching at straws trying one-upmanship. By the way, facts are another handy thing when it comes to online debates, stops you looking like a numpty
You addressed ceres post and there was only me as the other poster.
It's really very obvious that you were empathising with ceres and taking a dig at the A N Other, which happened to be me.
If you want to deny, then do so by all means.

Err, don't flatter yourself, I just saw the time difference that's logged on the posts.
You really are a strange fella aren't ya? It's just got to be all about you. Hope I didn't upset you too much by saying otherwise, I do hate to hurt people's huge egos.
You've stopped discussing anything now and just posted insults.:rolleyes:

I do deny. At that point, I didn't even read your responses - I didn't need to. Again, am sorry, my thoughts are not all about you, sorry that hurts.

Nope, just responded to your sarcasm with sarcasm. Insulted? Awww, am so sorry. Get a thicker skin? First of all you presume I say things and now you think I am being insulting.

Quite frankly, I am the one who's insulted by that!!

I do deny. At that point, I didn't even read your responses - I didn't need to. Again, am sorry, my thoughts are not all about you, sorry that hurts.
It doesn't hurt. It indicates that you're a fickle person who keeps shifting their opinion. Rather like ceres who makes a comment then deletes his comments.

It doesn't hurt. It indicates that you're a fickle person who keeps shifting their opinion. Rather like ceres who makes a comment then deletes his comments.
Are you completely useless at listening? I did not shift opinion. Where have I done that?

Nope, just responded to your sarcasm with sarcasm. Insulted? Awww, am so sorry. Get a thicker skin? First of all you presume I say things and now you think I am being insulting.

Quite frankly, I am the one who's insulted by that!!
You may have the last word 'cos there's more important things to do then trade petty insults.

Sponsored Links
Back