Heat Only Boiler Choices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Long time no speak ;)
Well, i would like your inputs for and against if u wouldnt mind.
Open Vent Condensing Boiler choices are:
Remeha Avanta 18v (stainless steel HE)5yr Parts 2ys parts n labour
Worcester Bosch 18RI (10ys warranty on HE)2 yr warranty
Glow-worm Ultracom 18hxi (stainless steel HE)2 yr warranty
I feel all of these have different things to consider so please fire away, i need some help, as originally was going for combi but since changed my mind, but at the top of that list was the ecotec plus..
Now i have baffled myself as to which one above would be best suited.
Many Thanks.....

Sponsored Links
Whats wrong with the Viessmann then?

5 years warrantee on the boiler and 10 years on the stainless SINGLE coil HE ?

Tony

Hi Guys,
Now i have baffled myself as to which one above would be best suited.
Many Thanks.....
If you want O/V have a look at the Atag A200S OV. Should be able to get a price through plumbcenter. Very very good kit and in a higher league that some of those other names you have mentioned.

Whats wrong with the Viessmann then?
Fitted one of the O/Vs. Very compact if you are tight on space, but its an absolute swine to vent the heat exchanger. Reckon on a good hour worst case.

Sponsored Links
If you follow their instructions and use their special taps then it takes about FOUR minutes!

You pressurise from one side, I do it from the right and run the output from the left through a hose into a drain!

Tony

I wnet for a Viessmann 100 Compact, because of the stainless exchanger and the long guarantee. It happens also to be quite small.

Being a heat-only it has far fewer parts in it than a combi so much less to go wrong.

If you follow their instructions and use their special taps then it takes about FOUR minutes!
They must have changed the instructions after I installed that one as there was no mention of it or any special taps.

ultracoms bulletproof. fitted loads and give 5yr wty
Wouldn't fit a WB if they were half price. Remehas are ok but still fairly new to the market so not time tested.

Remeha new to the market?? thev'e been making gas fired boilers in the Netherlands for donkys years, they are part of de-dietrch who have just taken over Baxi potterton?

I'd fit Broag -Remeha every time ;)

Remeha new to the market?? thev'e been making gas fired boilers in the Netherlands for donkys years, they are part of de-dietrch who have just taken over Baxi potterton?

I'd fit Broag -Remeha every time ;)

Just cos the company have doesn't mean the product has. as with alot of european manufacturers they make a new model for the british market due to the differences in how we install heating systems, and how cheap we expect boilers to be. The remeha avanta is a new boiler. Much like th first vitodens 100 was

ultracoms bulletproof. fitted loads and give 5yr wty
Wouldn't fit a WB if they were half price. Remehas are ok but still fairly new to the market so not time tested.

Thanks guys, keep it going, lol!

I thought ultracom only had 2 yr warranty? Or is it just reg installers offer 5 yrs? Dont think installer is registered for G/worm though.

The G/worm is good in the fact it modulates down low to 5 i think, whereas the Remeha goes down to 6kw..
OMG...lil ole me doing much too much homework and am making the choice really difficult for myself! Just need the right choice, taking into account spares prices for the future years (although i have read that Remeha will be addressing that problem) Maybe someone here could comment on that.
BTW, mickyg, are the Glow-worms quiet in operation please?
Thanks guys :confused:

BTW, mickyg, are the Glow-worms quiet in operation please?
Thanks guys :confused:

yes as quiet as most. tbh i don't think theres a great deal between most of the mainstream heat onlys. and yes you need to be a registered installer for the extended gtee, doub tyou'd need it though, most of the boiler is 10yrs+ design.

Thanks for that info. I have just read on G/worm site that if you send off copy of Voucher back of scrappage then they will give anothers years warranty, hmmmm, all these decisions, its just so hard to choose.
Its now between the Remeha and Ultracom (purely cos its a tried brand)
Another question for you mickyg, whats the options board like ? Is it worth having?
Does this mean i wouldnt need a programmer thingmy in the airing cupboard ?
Many Thanks

Another question for you mickyg, whats the options board like ? Is it worth having?
Does this mean i wouldnt need a programmer thingmy in the airing cupboard

never bothered personally. thats the thoery yes and the inbuilt programmer is reasonable, but for the same money you could get a different programmer with better functionality and without the hassle of running extra cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back