Heat pumps........yeah right !

Yep, and I've just socially distanced myself from him.
You wouldn't get a chance of socially distancing yourself. You wouldn't even appear on my social radar. You exist in a fantasy world populated by bigoted right-wing racists.

Sponsored Links
Way I see it larger props will have the issue of having to use multiple
Ashp s ??

and having to have high voltage run into there house

3 phase ?

When you have reduced the consumerism, the people making, transporting and selling the consumer goods won't have jobs any more. Unemployment would go up. Unemployment doesn't enhance quality of life.
Which is why it's a flawed model. And no, before anyone asks, I don't know what the alternatives are. Yes, since year dot, humankind has made stuff and traded it locally, then further afield as and when technology and infrastructure allowed.

But to have a model that requires constant consuming and growth surely isn't sustainable in its current form given the number of humans on the planet and the materials that are required to make much of the stuff.

I was talking on Saturday to a farmer who has air sourced heat pumps in his own home, in the detached granny annex and in three offices in a building that he rents out.

Provided the ambient air is above 5°C they generally are cheaper than pure electric heating but when the ambient is below 5°C electricity consumption increases considerably. In the office units there are electric heaters in the evaporators ( outside unit ) switch on from time to time to protect the heat exchangers in the evaporators.

At an ambient of circa minus 10°C one of the units ( granny annex ? ) shuts down completely and normal electric heating has to be used.

Fortunately he has oil fired heating in the main house

Sponsored Links
Apparently there may also be issues Siteing ashp s near coastal areas ??? Corrosive air ??

with ref to warranty for some makes

also on top of hills excessive wind

??????

Apparently there may also be issues Siteing ashp s near coastal areas ??? Corrosive air ??

with ref to warranty for some makes

also on top of hills excessive wind

??????
It's almost like they've not thought this through ...

Meanwhile China's throwing up coal powered stations at the rate of 1 every 25 secs.

Some said India’s coal use is to rise by more than 20% this coming year

China I believe has the first all leccy cargo ship ??

it delivers coal to power stations :ROFLMAO:

Rich peoples toys .Now wood burners = Cheap and cheerful .Defeating the objective but toasty

But to have a model that requires constant consuming and growth surely isn't sustainable in its current form

Poss. one of the reasons our 'leaders' constantly grow our population - despite promising not to do so. It's all they can think of to grow the economy. However, just like continually rising consumer consumption, contantly increasing the population in large number is also unsustainable, socially, environmentally, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Rich peoples toys .Now wood burners = Cheap and cheerful .Defeating the objective but toasty

I can see the attraction, but they don't half stink. Just one seems to produce an acrid smell over a reasonably sized area. A backwards step and not good if lots of people have them in densely populated areas..

Poss. one of the reasons our 'leaders' constantly grow our population - despite promising not to do so. It's all they can think of to grow the economy. However, just like continually rising consumer consumption, contantly increasing the population in large number is also unsustainable, socially, environmentally, etc, etc.

Then fall over themselves to do Trade deals halfway across the planet only to sell out UK Farmers. There is nothing they won't sacrifice at the altar of Brexit.

Sponsored Links
Back