Heatslave 15/19 oil boiler - intermittent lockout issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am hoping someone can help.

We are having issues with our boiler.

When we are just using the boiler for hot water there are no lockout issues at all. However, when the heating is in use it the boiler will lockout around 30-60 minutes after the heating has come on (it can sometimes last longer than this). When I press the lockout button the boiler ignites immediately and there are no further issues until the heating is on again.

It was serviced last week so it has had a professional's eyes on it. The problem was occurring before this so I mentioned it to him and he said it could be a number of things such as the coil or the pump. Now the pump is on its last legs as it is very loud and has been like that for around 2 years. Our service man said that it could last a week, a month or years and so far it has lasted years. Could that be causing any issues?

Thanks very much in advance :)

Sponsored Links
The pump is failing with continuous use in heating putting the boiler into overheat.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thank you both for your replies. I will get in touch with the boiler man tomorrow and see if he can get a new pump fitted :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back